Prizes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Mike, I was going to work on that as well as the contests themselves. I have no experience but imagine it is a simple as sending emails to vendors. Help or guidance always appreciated. Jason

Jason,

I've never done it either but am willing to give it a go. I believe we need to really sell to MPG to vendors, especially those who are not IAP regulars. To that end we should make sure the FB page and a web site are up to date. When vendors check us out and see old info it could hurt us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mbroberg

Hey guys,

Please tell me if this reads OK to you. I intend to contact Rich Coors to see what number MPG this one will be and get an estimate on prior attendance. Also, I have not set up an email address for this purpose yet so he one listed is just a dead link at this time. After any necessary tweeking I'll start sending it to the vendors on the list Magic sent me.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

The XXth annual Midwest Penturners Gathering (MPG) will be held on April 8 & 9, 2016, at the Comfort Inn & Suites, 5 Park Center Drive, Wadsworth, OH 44281. As the name implies, the MPG is a gathering of individuals who turn pens for fun and profit. The event consists of many demonstrations of techniques and procedures related to penturning as well as networking and information sharing opportunities. The MPG traditionally attracts approximately XX penturners from around the country. Individuals from as far away as Texas have traveled to previous MPGs.

The MPG Planning Committee is currently seeking items from vendors such as you, who supply penturners with the materials and/or tools they require for the wonderful hobby of penturning. We are in need of:

1. Items to be used as prizes for drawings and/or contests that are going to be held during the event. Physical items or gift cards are needed for these purposes.

2. Items to be placed in 100 SWAG Bags to be given to attendees. Quantities of at least 100 items such as catalogs, sample products, or any other items representative of what your business offers for penturners would be great.

In return for your generous donation the MPG will recognize you and/or your business on the MPG Facebook Page and at the event.

Physical Donations can be sent to:
MPG Prize Donations
C/O Michael Broberg
5195 Flintrock Drive
Westerville, OH 43201

If you wish to donate a gift code electronically please send the code to: MPGPrizeDonations@gmail.com.

Questions or comments can be emailed to the above email address or you may call me at 614-774-7676.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,
Mike Broberg

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Also looks fine to me.

2 weekends ago when I went to Wisconsin Chapter mtg, Ed Brown said he was "stiff-armed" by Jeff and WOULD be coming. He is not sure if as a vendor, or just as a participant. So he is a possible vendor. :)

I got the feeling that Ed did not wish to have a booth with 1,2,3 other vendors with similar stuff. I told him that as far as I had heard, Berea was a "probably not" (but could change), and that other than Signature Pen, there were no definite vendors... but that I may not have all the current info. I did relay that you (MikeB) would be working the vendors.

Mark

mbroberg

Thanks! I suppose that I should add some language about vendor registration to be announced soon and what the vendor fee will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mbroberg

We should probably start thinking about how we want to give away the loot. We should specifically identify the prizes to be raffled, the prizes to be awarded to the winners of the contests, prizes to be given away in a drawing, etc. The list here is up to date (unless I forgot to update something, which is entirely possible)

Argo13

Mike, first I need 12 prizes for contest.

Ok, let me be the first to float an idea how to separate the prizes up two raffles with separate tickets to enter.
First teir is the 2 lathes and the silver pen kit.
The second tier would be the $50 and up ( this would be mostly gift certificates and tools) approx 30 prizes.
The third level. What's left over. These would be door prizes no raffle.

Thoughts on door prizes.
1)Randomly place them in swag bags. everyone would see more value then their registration fee immediately. Also cut down on the boring raffle time.
2) include a the list of all vendor donations and their websites so our vendors see value
3) guarantee a one swag bag to every prepaid registration. The rest would be on a first come first serve basis. (Walk ins, spouses, etc.) That way everyone gets something. Any idea what we should do for younger kids?

Just some random thoughts I had to try to get the ball rolling.

To get an idea what we need to raise, we have about $750 right now. The hotel is $1200, swag bags $350, and sound equipment $300 total $1850. Assuming we get a few more registrations. We are still looking at needing 45 people to average $20 in raffle tickets.

We could make everything part of the raffle to encourage buying more tickets but raffles where there are more prizes than people tend to have someone leaving with 5 prizes and someone with nothing. just my concern but maybe I am overthinking.

Jason

Argo13

I just sent everyone my ideas on the raffle/door prizes. but more importantly I put the Prize list in a spreadsheet and started to divide some of the prizes out. Dang Mike there is a ton of stuff.

I don't think we have to do it this way, just my way to work through this in my head.

mbroberg

I never dreamed that the response would be as good as it was. I had planned to send out a second batch of follow-ups to companies I hadn't heard from yet but decided it really wasn't necessary.

Good on you for the spreadsheet!

Top Bottom