Prizes needed for Birthday Bash 2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time of year again. We can use donations from the members for prizes for the Birthday Bash In Feb.
If you have a few kits or a B.O.B. (Box of Blanks) laying around you wont use, now would be a great time to gift them to be used During the Birthday Bash.

IF your new and havent heard of the Birthday Bash its a month long set of Activities celebrating the Birthday of IAP. We have pen making contests, casting contests, Puzzles, and lets not forget the Losers Train!
No you cant sign up for the Losers Train yet. You might actually win something.:biggrin:

Maybe you would like to donate a Gift Certificate to a vendor you like. We only ask that the prize have a value of $25.00 or more. Post here in this thread or PM me Or Loucurr if you prefer.

Thank You to all of you that donate each year.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Here they are in their glory
Super curly Maple, Amboyna burl, Bog Oak, unknown spalt, Curly Cocobolo
Curly Zebra wood, Leopard wood, birdseye Bocote, cast shredded money, and crazy Cocobolo

Attachments

• Bash.jpg
    Bash.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Bash1.jpg
    Bash1.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Loucurr

Prize Donations

I am coordinating the prizes for the bash this year...thanks to everyone for the great response so far...you can PM me if you would like to donate any prizes or if you have something that you would like to include in the auction.

Lou

stonepecker

The Minnesota chapter has the blanks for the kids contest covered. (Always willing to accept more) What we could use it some pen kits, CA, or other items for the kids. We will be including some items from Harbor Freight again this year.

Contact me by PM if you have something to add for the kids.
Wayne

KenV

I will go in for $50 gift certificate or two $25s. Whatever works best.

Note that CUSA does not list a $25 certificate on the pull down menu ($20 and $50).

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jeromy, you can either donate it as a Gift Certificate to a particular vendor or let the winner of your donation pick a vendor he wants to spend it with. That is usually the easiest way to donate. We will use your donation as a contest prize of one sort or another and will contact you with the winners information when someone wins it.

MRDucks2

I will donate a $50 gift certificate to WoodTurningz and stop by there to check and see if they are willing to donate something (harder to refuse in person).

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Mike, I have the $50 WoodTurningz card I bought, but the right guy wasn't at their shop for the donated one. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Mike Drake, Thank you for the help and the donation. Jeromy, what ever is easiest on you, some like to support a favorite vendor, others dont mind the winner picking one.

Top Bottom