Prizes Needed For 2019 Birthday Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time again, we need prizes for the upcoming Birthday Bash, we will be celebrating our 15th year in February of 2019.
I if you have a prize you would like to donate you can post here or send me a PM if you would rather do it that way.
Thank You to all that regularly donate making the Bash the great event it is.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm in for several BOBs and a few other things. I might even have something for the auction. I'll get with you on details in early Jan.

Edgar

WriteON

If Doug Thompson offers a prize do not expect to receive it. I won last year but never heard from him. Can't complain about not receiving a free item but it was a bad business move on his end.

jttheclockman

If Doug Thompson offers a prize do not expect to receive it. I won last year but never heard from him. Can't complain about not receiving a free item but it was a bad business move on his end.

Did you do any follow ups on the prize?? Things do happen and life does get in the way of a Bash now and then. :):)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Did you do any follow ups on the prize?? Things do happen and life does get in the way of a Bash now and then. :):)

I will also give a positive vote for Doug Thompson. I have been to his shop, met him 6-7 times, and he is very approachable, and BUSY! I suspect a communication issue is the problem - Doug donates LOTS of materials to many causes. As JT said, reach out - it may be an easy fix.

WriteON

I will also give a positive vote for Doug Thompson. I have been to his shop, met him 6-7 times, and he is very approachable, and BUSY! I suspect a communication issue is the problem - Doug donates LOTS of materials to many causes. As JT said, reach out - it may be an easy fix.

Of course I followed up. Got no response. I'm sure Doug's a good guy... I just got lost in the shuffle. Like I said it's hard to complain about something I did not pay for. if I ever committed to something I delivered. He knew there was a winner. Did not do much to find them. And I can understand he is busy however he should not offer anything. I can live without the
Tool. And I feel like a jackass posting what I did but it left a bad taste. That's all.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Of course I followed up. Got no response. I'm sure Doug's a good guy... I just got lost in the shuffle. Like I said it's hard to complain about something I did not pay for. if I ever committed to something I delivered. He knew there was a winner. Did not do much to find them. And I can understand he is busy however he should not offer anything. I can live without the
Tool. And I feel like a jackass posting what I did but it left a bad taste. That's all. Happy New year and we move on.

Well there is a prize manager on these bash events and you should go through him. Just hate seeing a post like that for someone who has been there for us. It is hard to get vendors to partake now. Just an opinion so take it for what it is worth.

WriteON

Tool. And I feel like a jackass posting what I did but it left a bad taste. That's all. Happy New year and we move on.

Well there is a prize manager on these bash events and you should go through him. Just hate seeing a post like that for someone who has been there for us. It is hard to get vendors to partake now. Just an opinion so take it for what it is worth.
Point taken and point given. I did contact the prize managers more than once. Please trust I do not take any pride or pleasure in any negative posting. I prefer to say how great something worked out. I enjoy IAP and it's members. I have no issues with Doug.... just following up. If he donates this year hopefully he follows through in a timely fashion. I'm sorry vendors are not being more generous. In the spirit of IAP and the friends and great info/support I get here I'd like to donate a $25 gift certificate from PSI.

Last edited:

jcm71

I will donate one of the Fallow deer antler that Chuck Ellis most kindly gave me last month. Cut up so that it will fit in a medium FRB. Plus some others to fill up the box.

WriteON

Point taken and point given. I did contact the prize managers more than once. Please trust I do not take any pride or pleasure in any negative posting. I prefer to say how great something worked out. I enjoy IAP and it's members. I have no issues with Doug.... just following up. If he donates this year hopefully he follows through in a timely fashion. I'm sorry vendors are not being more generous. In the spirit of IAP and the friends and great info/support I get here I'd like to donate a $25 gift certificate from PSI.

I will contact Doug and see if I can resolve this.

Mike

No response. If Doug is having issues he can't control I apologize for this thread....otherwise I hold to my "follow up".

Top Bottom