Prizes, 2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
2015 prizes:

Vendor Prizes:
Lee Valley - $50 gift card - sent via email, and forwarded to MikeR on Nov 19 - baubin@leevalley.com
DD Thompson Tools - Doug thompson - Dougswoodworking@aol.com - 1/2" spindle gouge with a 12 inch handle
Woodnwhisies - woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com - TWO $25 GCs, and ONE $50 GC.
Woodturningz -fritz@woodturningz.com - FIVE $25.00 gift codes.
send email to Fritz with the winner's email, and he'll send them the codes.
Torne Lignum - ruth niles - sending prize directly to Jeff - includes: a stopper kit with 1 #2 Morse taper project mandrel, 2 stub drill bits (11/32" + 21/64"), 3 style 301 stoppers and 3 style 701 (standing) stoppers. Value $73.00 - ruthniles@gmail.com ARRIVED
DD (1-$50) Craft Supplies USA - Ben Williams - bwilliams@woodturnerscatalog.com - (4) $25 gift cards, and (2) $50 gift cards.
DD (1pk) Easy Wood Tools - alan@easywoodtools.com - THREE prizes of an Easy Start Rougher, item #9520 (retail value, $59.99ea) and included with each rougher, the optional Ci2-R2 replacement carbide cutter, item #2600, (retail value, $14.99ea). Total value of each prize is $74.98
Graphics for contest managers to post, if needed: EWT graphics/pics and product info; Retailers Resources « Easy Wood Tools , if prompted enter password: EWT2008
Little Machine Shop - TBD - prize sent directly to Jeff on Nov 17 - tracking: 1Z8X9113YW59131554 - info@littlemachineshop.com
Woodturners Wonders - sent to Jeff on Nov 18 - Ken Rizza - kjrdistributing@gmail.com ARRIVED
Kallenshaan - a couple of inlay kits with matching pen kits.
Possibly our Steampunk inlay kit with the PSI Steampunk pen kit
and our Flame Inlay Kit with the PSI Gearshift Pen kit. - prize sent directly to Jeff - kallenshaan@cox.net
DD Crown Tools - info@crowntools.ltd.uk - Charlotte - 3/8 cryogenic spindle gouge, sent directly to Jeff - Nov 19
Penn State Industries - 4ea $25 gift certificate - Ed Levy - Ed@penstateind.com
Richard Joyner - c/o Ruth Niles - direct to Jeff, in Ruth's shipment
Carter and Son Toolworks - $75 gift card - carterandsontoolworks@inbox.com - emailed, forwarded to Mike on Nov 19
DD KMS Tools - Nova lathe Chuck - bob.gadd@kmstools.com (I assume it's the G3, as that's what he's always sent). He's waiting on a backorder, so he'll send it directly to the winner in February, rather than in advance to Jeff).
Golden Nib - TWO prizes consisting of: 6 Elegant Lady pen kits Black Ti /Chrome Value $81.00 for each prize - Anthony - turk@turchetta.com
Klingspor - sent to Jeff - pbarden@woodworkingshop.com - 25.00 GC
Griffin Exotic Wood - will decide what to send after the Holidays, and send to Jeff - James Griffin - exoticwoodman@msn.com
DD Koa Wood Hawaii - Chris (Kalai) - will put together a box of Hawaiian blanks, and then take pictures. - koawoodhawaii@msn.com
DD (1 sub)Pen World Magazine - contactus@penworld.com - Tina Dammeyer - Phone 713.869.9997 - TWO one year subscriptions
Bear Tooth Woods - THIRTEEN PRIZES - also listed later in thread - direct to Jeff - robinrmcfarlane@gmail.com and ernie@beartoothwoods.com
Packet #1: Pen Kit, Bushings, and Blank:
38A Bushings
Chrome Virage Rollerball
Silver Ruby Lava

DD Packet #2: 10 BTW Pen Blanks
Olive Water
Copper Sunflower Pebble
Purple Neon Batch 2
Red Rocks
Seaweed Bay
Maroon Pride
Martian Storm
Stormy River
Sleeping Beauty
Yellow Trails

Packet #3:
Ghost Trails 1.5" x 6" Double Call Blank
Packet #4: Duck Call
Copper Swirl 3" Call Blank
STAT Premium Duck Call Tooling Kit
STAT Premium Duck Call Insert Kit, Clear-Matte

Packet #5: 10 BTW Acrylic Pen Blanks
Pink Cherry Swirl
Violet Batch 2
Blue Hawaii
New Turquoise Moon
Tye Dye
Lava Flows
Blue Purple Swirl
King's Blue
Rain Forest
Cherry Nut

Packet #6: Pen Kit, Bushings, and Blank:
57A Bushings
Antique Brass Lever Action American Pride Pen Kit
Woodland Camo pen blank

Packet #7:
Patriot 1.5" x 6" Double Call Blank
Packet #8: 5 Misc. Pen Blanks
Inferno Vaper Swirl
Mosaic Woodland
Saints Pride Color Swirl
Molten Bronze Swirl RhinoPlastic
King Cake Lava Explosion

Packet #9:
Miami Sunset Lava 1.5" x 6" Blank
Packet #10:
20A bushings
Gunmetal Ballpoint Pen Kit
Abalone Lava Explosion pen blank

Packet #11: Bottle Stoppers
Blue River Agate TruStone Stopper Blank
Blue Hawaii 2" Bottle Stopper Blank
Fire & Ice 2" Bottle Stopper Blank
Presentation Black Titanium Bottle Stopper Kit
Stainless Steel Bottle Stopper Kit
Stainless Steel Mini Wine Bottle Stopper Kit

Packet #12:
Silver Ore Lava 1.5" x 6" Blank
Packet #13: 5 Misc. Pen Blanks
Magma Explosion
Diablo Color Swirl
Pomegranate Martini RhinoPlastic
Coconut Mono Swirl
Fire Nebula Lava Explosion

Alumilite - carol@alumilite.com - 5 kits of the 1 lb. Alumilite Clear and 5 kits of the 2 lb. new slow version Alumilite Clear. The same discount code as last year, 15% off of the items that can be purchased on line, 10% for the items to be called in larger kits 10 gallons and larger volumes. - Direct to Jeff
DD (1-$100) Suffolk Machinery (Timberwolf blades)- Debbie Camplone - (800) 234-7297, or debbie@suffolkmachinery.com - THREE gift certificates worth $100 each of Timber Wolf blades as prizes. Good for any blade, any length of our silicon steel blades from 1/8" to 1" wide. (Contact Debbie with winner's details - for my future reference, the CEO's email is: Art Gschwind <artgschwind@gmail.com> Email winner details to Debbie@suffolkmachinery.com for unique code..
American Association of Woodturners -Linda Ferber, linda@woodturner.org - gift membership - -sent to Jeff

Rockler - TWO $50 gift cards - mpowell@rockler.com - Megan - sent to Jeff
DD (1-$100) Berea Hardwoods - TWO $100.00 gift certificates - email Joe with winner details - name, address, and email address - bereahard@aol.com

Note: Mredburn has a back-up prize in case a non-US member wins a prize that is difficult/impossible to ship overseas.

From the IAP:
DD (1 of each) Silver Pen Parts - mredburn -a total of five silver pen part kits - 3 @$185 and 2 at $120
DD (1 kit) Swagopenturner - collection of CA glue, etc - sent to Jeff on Dec 9 - value approx $1300...division is up to us, but he thinks there are at least 6 major prizes in there.
Classic Nib - TBD
DD (1-$125) Exotic Blanks - 2 "first place prizes" about $100 each and one prize for the donation drawing, in excess of $125. Details TBD as we get closer
rherrell - TWO $50 gift certificates for anything in my Vendors Catalog...
randbcrafts - $250 in gift cards. You guys can break them down in whatever increments work best for you ($25's, $50's, $100's).
Satellite City Glues - three of our Hot Stuff Pro Kits (retail value $39.95/ea.). We'll ship them from here this time, just give me the winner's information when the contests are over. HK-1 Hot Stuff Pro Kit- complete CA glue set with accelerator and debonder from Satellite City Instant Glues
robutacion - 5 x AU$25.00 gift voucher
JohnU - 3 separate prizes being Ringneck Pheasant Feather Jr. blank sets. They are valued at $33 a piece. You can list me as John Underhill of Fantastic Feathers at Exotic Blanks. - note, I asked for a shorter name - John Underhill works
DD (1-$100) Healeydays - Mike Brouilette - 2 sets of 8 honeycomb blanks again this year if you need them. Each set has a $100 value.
DD (1 of each) Lazerlinez - Constant - $2000 total:
USA Pen kits Value $1000 broken up into 10 Prize packs of $100 each
Inlay kits - Value $1000 Broken into 10 Prize Packs of $ 100 each
Smitty's Pen Works -
TWO SPW LeRoi Elegant Royal 6 packs with bushings - Value is about $50 each
TWO 4 packs of Virage pen kit with bushings - Value is around $30 each
TWO Caballero 1C Starter Packages (The 1C packages include FP/RB conversion capability) 3 pen kits with bushings and blanks. Drill bits will be included. Value is about $60 each
TWO 5 packs of Le Roi Elegant kits with a set of bushings. Value is about $40 each
DD (1 tool) Magicbob - TWO prizes of a "Magic Skew"
It's a skew with a carbide insert cutter.
It's very easy to use and master, without the catching problem that beginners have with a skew.
All the advantages of carbide and a finish like a skew.
The Magic Skew comes with the bar, two cutters and two screws.
Retail $50.00 each

rockb - a mix of redwood, maple, and buckeye.....eight pieces...$25.00 value

Member prizes:
Anonymous - $100 worth of Gift Certificates for any IAP vendor that the winner chooses.
Our choice - depending on need - 4 @ $25 or 2 @ $50 or 1 @ $100
Mr Vic - AAW membership. Winner's choice of New membership, renewal or family membership. Will cover a Foreign membership if they are a winner.
Stonepecker - 1 box of blanks worth $50.00 OR 2 boxes of blanks worth $25.00 for the loser train. YOUR CHOICE.
DD Edohmann - LFRB prize for Jeff's drawing. It will have a variety of spindles, pen & stopper blanks, kits & maybe some other things TBD. Value will be at least $50-$100. I'll send it directly to Jeff.
I will also donate several $25 BOBs for misc prizes. I'll wait to chime in on those until later.
Curly - Tapco 0.450" x 26 tpi plug tap - for cutting threads for making Sharpie pens - Curly bought in the group buy, but contact The Penguin for shipping the item, as he's holding on to it (he ran the buy)
Bob Wemm - segmented vase for the Auction

Bobs:

Minnesota Chapter - TWO small flat rate BOBs - contact stonepecker (Wayne), and possibly more. Stonepecker also is looking into a possible Minnesota Woodcraft donation - follow-up in January.
TonyL - one prize for the Loser's Train

Other considerations:

KIDS CONTEST - all prizes gathered by stonepecker from MN Chapter (he's taking care of distribution too, I think)

Vendor Contact Notes:

Round one
Grizzly - Melinda - DECLINED, as they donated a very large prize in the past
Crown Tools
Lee Valley - YES
William Woodwrite - Penblanks.ca - follow-up on Nov 23, called Lilian directly again on Dec 2 NO
Woodcraft - Follow-up on Dec 2
Packard Woodworks
Rockler - Corporate Office, dial (763) 478-8201, press 0 for operator, and they'll direct me to appropriate person. - edit: proper email is jgruesner@rockler.com - actually, the email that worked was : mpowell@rockler.com
Busy Bee Tools
BadDogs Burls - second contact made on Nov 23 - busy watching sports - 'maybe after Christmas he'll think about it'
Arizona Silhouette

Round Two:

KMS Tools
River Ridge Products - Follow-up on Dec 2
Penn State Industries
Berea Hardwoods - second contact, Nov 23 Third Contact, Dec 2nd
Don Pencil - Follow-up on Dec 2
Thompson Tools - yes
Alumilite - second contact, Dec 2nd YES

Round Three:

Koa Wood Hawaii - second contact, Nov 22 YES _ will put together a box of hawaiian blanks and then take pictures...
Little River Pens (Sylvanite)
Ruth Niles - yes
CSUSA (Ben Williams)
Woodturningz
Wood N WHimsies

Timberbits - Declined for this year

Round Four:
Easy Wood Tools
Harbor Freight
Sharpening Supplies - tried again, Nov 23
KMS Tools - different email
River Ridge Products

Round Five:
Two Cherries turning tools
Monster Lathe tools
Teknatool
Timberwolf - Dec 2 YES
Little Machine Shop
Crown Tools - different email
Kallenshaan lazer

Round Six
The woodturning store
Tormek
Tools for Working Wood
Ashley Iles Turning Tools - second try, Nov 23
Beartooth Woods
The Golden Nib
Schmidt Ink
Private Reserve Ink
UK Woodturning magazine

Round Seven
Henry Taylor Tools
Alan Lacer tools - Dec 2nd
Penn State industries
Griffin Exotic Woods - second contact, Nov 23 YES - will decide what to send after the Holidays
Eagle America Tools
Chefware kits
Robert Sorby Tools - Nov 24 follow-up
Klingspor - Nov 24 follow-up YES - pbarden@woodworkingshop.com
Reed Gray Sharpening Tools

Round Eight
Norton Industrial
Carroll's Woodturning Supply
Opti Grind CBN Wheels - follow up, Nov 24
Woodturners Wonders
D-way tools
Colorado Pen (refills)
Goulet Pens
Satellite City Glues
R and B crafts

Round Nine
Carter and Sons Toolworks
Hamlet Craft Tools - follow-up sent on Nov 24
Kelton Hollowing Tools

Round Ten
Wood Magazine
Cutter Masters
Tim Yoder DVDs
Crushgrind
AAW
Pen World Magazine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Mike R - all prizes pledged after January 1st will appear below this statement, so that you can begin to sort the above!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January Pledges:

Vendors:
DD (1-$50) Classic Nib - Five $50 discount coupons which can be used for anything on my site that is IN STOCK and will include shipping
Griffin Exotic Wood - sent to Jeff - not sure what it was, though!

Members:
Edohman - 3 BOBs worth at least $25 each
AUCTION Goodturns - Russ Fairfield Bowl - AUCTION ITEM?
hdbblue - TWO boxes of stabilized, spalted western maple and western maple burl blanks. Should be able to fit 25 blanks in a box, so value of $125
Southernclay - TWO Bobs
Dalecamino - THREE Bobs
Bsea - TWO BOBs
New prizes as of the week of January 4th:
Members:
Mark James - TWO BOBs
Karl_99 - TWO BOBs
Ligget - $50 prize - winner can decide how they want it (GC, cash, etc.)
Jim15 - $50 gift card from IAP vendor of winner's choice
DD brownsfn2 - 2 Jr Gent sized Abalone blanks (they sell for $50 each at exotics) and 2 Sierra Blanks (They sell for $35 each at Exotics). You can divide up or group how you see fit.
I would also like to donate a set of blanks for the donation drawing. - follow-up sent...
Spanx - a Sears paint pot (Domestic Shipping only) - Donation Drawing?
Indiana_Parrothead - a set of Jr watch parts blanks ($80) and a Sierra watch parts blank ($60). I have a lot of watch faces and available tube colors, carbon fiber, metallics, etc. I'll work with the winner to custom make what they

December 5th and beyond Updates:
Members:
Tbroye - BOB (blanks and/or kits)
DD Brian G - 5 Tru-Stone blanks and 5 Cebloplast blanks (i.e., 10 blanks as a prize package). The Tru-Stone will be 5 different colors (White Turquoise, Yellow Dino, Charoite, Red Gold Matrix, and Persian Turquoise), but the Cebloplast is all one color.
I don't know the value of Cebloplast, but I estimate the Tru-Stone at $100 retail. If Cebloplast is $5 a blank, how about we call the total value around $125?
Also, one BOB

VENDOR:
MuttBlanks
(Elmostro) - 4 gift certificates of $25 each

New since 1-5-16:
DD Brooks803 - SFRB with 8 of my 9" alumilite blanks. They retail at $15 each so that'd be a $120 value
Buzzzz4 - I no longer make blanks, but I'd be happy to send an assortment of blanks and some kits to a lucky recipient. I have my stash left that I don't know if I'll ever get around to turning. It would be a small flat rate box valued at $50 or so.
sparhawk - 2 BOBs

Note: Updated Spanx's prize donation - see above (January 1-4 edits)
TurnTex Woodworks - I will donate the following for the regular bash prizes and then I will work with Jeff for a donation to the drawing like usual.

Up to 2 $100 gift certificates
Up to 5 $50 gift certificates
Up to 10 $25 gift certificates

MikeinSC
- 2 SFRB BOBs with 20 PR blanks each

Week of January 11th, Edits:
Vendor:
Eco Advance would like to donate three prize packages for the 12th IAP Bash. Each package has a retail value of $40 and we will drop ship the package to the winners. Each winner package will consist of a Quart can and a 6oz Applicator bottle of Craft Coat Gloss. - Crashmpg (forum contact)
Member:
tbroye: 3 BOB AND 6 SFEB's with 6 pen kits and blanks. The kits are JR. Gent 1's and Cigars (pictures are in the thread in Casual Conversation)

Jan 14 update:
Member:
Skewer - $50 gift certificate, winners choice.
Edward Cypher - 2 BOBs

Jan 16 update:
Sbwertz - a peppermill (turned by the Center for the Blind)
Geffre - BOB
Brownsfn2 - Auction prize of a set of abalone blanks
Scott - Auction prize of a high end pen

Jan 21 update:
Sataro - 3 Bobs
Magicbob - BOB
robertkulp - a starter pack of Mercury CA (2oz each of Thin, Medium,
& Accelerator) along with a pack of Abranet (120, 180, 240, 320, 400, 600, & 800

Jan 28 edit
allmaclean - 2 bobs
Robert Sherlock - BOB

Jan 30 edit
JohnU - Bash prize - I just finished some blanks and I wanted to donate them to the Bash Raffle if you'll have them. I mixed it up a little this year with a small assortment including some blanks I make for myself... 1 Abalone shell Jr. set, 1 Ringneck Pheasant Jr set, 1 Carbon Fiber Jr set, 3 sierra snake blanks - Siamese Russels Viper, Prairie Rattlesnake, and Moellendorffs Ratsnake, 2 Sierra Natural Feather mix blanks, 1 Ringneck Pheasant Bolt Action, 1 Amherst Pheasant Squire, 1 Sierra real Money Collage, 1 blue Alumilite Mini Pinecone and 1 green Alumilite Acorn cap blank. All together they total about $300.
GaryMGg - Count on me for at least a couple of boxes of blanks with at least a $25 value per box.
Cwalker935 - 4 casted blanks, not sure of value, I would say at least $25.

Updated spread sheet 2-1-16

Attachments

• prize list donors and prizes.xlsx
    19.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

HELLO !!

I'm starting to get a little bit worried about all of this "BOB" stuff, especially the "BOB drive", as in drive to where? If anyone says South Dakota ................!!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Hi MagicBob - I think we can double-team that in January, once we know the rest of the prizes...Thanks for the help!

I've started to canvas...if people have contacts at any organizations that htey can exploit (i.e. turning magazine, etc.), please let me know.

As well, if you have any ideas for new places to try, post 'em here! :)

Andrew

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Bear tooth woods donations:
IAP Birthday Bash 2016 Donation
From Bear Tooth Woods

Packet #1: Pen Kit, Bushings, and Blank:
38A Bushings
Chrome Virage Rollerball
Silver Ruby Lava

Packet #2: 10 BTW Pen Blanks
Olive Water
Copper Sunflower Pebble
Purple Neon Batch 2
Red Rocks
Seaweed Bay
Maroon Pride
Martian Storm
Stormy River
Sleeping Beauty
Yellow Trails

Packet #3:
Ghost Trails 1.5" x 6" Double Call Blank
Packet #4: Duck Call
Copper Swirl 3" Call Blank
STAT Premium Duck Call Tooling Kit
STAT Premium Duck Call Insert Kit, Clear-Matte

Packet #5: 10 BTW Acrylic Pen Blanks
Pink Cherry Swirl
Violet Batch 2
Blue Hawaii
New Turquoise Moon
Tye Dye
Lava Flows
Blue Purple Swirl
King's Blue
Rain Forest
Cherry Nut

Packet #6: Pen Kit, Bushings, and Blank:
57A Bushings
Antique Brass Lever Action American Pride Pen Kit
Woodland Camo pen blank

Packet #7:
Patriot 1.5" x 6" Double Call Blank
Packet #8: 5 Misc. Pen Blanks
Inferno Vaper Swirl
Mosaic Woodland
Saints Pride Color Swirl
Molten Bronze Swirl RhinoPlastic
King Cake Lava Explosion

Packet #9:
Miami Sunset Lava 1.5" x 6" Blank
Packet #10:
20A bushings
Gunmetal Ballpoint Pen Kit
Abalone Lava Explosion pen blank

Packet #11: Bottle Stoppers
Blue River Agate TruStone Stopper Blank
Blue Hawaii 2" Bottle Stopper Blank
Fire & Ice 2" Bottle Stopper Blank
Presentation Black Titanium Bottle Stopper Kit
Stainless Steel Bottle Stopper Kit
Stainless Steel Mini Wine Bottle Stopper Kit

Packet #12:
Silver Ore Lava 1.5" x 6" Blank
Packet #13: 5 Misc. Pen Blanks
Magma Explosion
Diablo Color Swirl
Pomegranate Martini RhinoPlastic
Coconut Mono Swirl
Fire Nebula Lava Explosion

bobleibo

Andrew, you sure work hard on behalf of everyone......Thank you!
Question- Unless I've missed it, might it not be a good idea to place a link on the front page that remains there year round and acknowledges the vendors with web sites or contact info for those who do not have one as those who have supported the BASH each year? I know I try to buy from them before going elsewhere and having them all listed in one convenient place would make it easy for everyone to find them.
Just a thought.....

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Hi Bob!

I had that same thought...what we eventually came up with is that I'll post Jeff's front-page list in the Vendor Liaison section after the Bash, so that it's visible year-round. Having it on the front page for the entire year might give people the wrong impression re: advertising and vendor influence...

But yes, I plan to publicly post who has donated so that we can support them as well.

Thanks Bob!
Andrew

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Doug Thompson's prize:
1/2" spindle gouge with a 12 inch handle

Attachments

• doug's prize.jpg
    doug's prize.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 118