prize list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
New update as of today: Bear Tooth Woods - Robin McFarlane - robinrmcfarlane@gmail.com

Prize 1:

Bushings

Baron Bright Copper Rollerball

Cherry Toffee Lava Explosion

Prize 2:

Bushings

Baron Sterling Silver Rollerball

Wizard's Mist Purple Mono Swirl

Prize 3:

Blue Topaz Water Mesh Single Bottle Stopper

Blue Topaz Water Mesh Pen Blank

Purple Neon Single Bottle Stopper

Purple Neon Pen Blank

Chrome Razor Kit

Silvertip Badger Hair Shaving Brush Knot – 20 mm

Black Titanium Wine Bottle Stopper

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have no replies from Grizzly or, Metal Pen Blanks as yet. Will follow up in the morning.
Finally, but, not good news. Here is the reply from Grizzly.

Hi Chuck,

As you can imagine we receive far more requests than we can possibly fill, forcing us to make tough decisions concerning organizations seeking financial and/or product donations. There are so many worthy companies and individuals that we wish we could be involved with them all every year, but our limited resources make that impossible. We respectfully decline and offer our very best to you with this endeavor.

Best regards,

Melinda Sweet
Assistant Marketing Manager
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.
P.O. Box 2069
Bellingham, WA 98227
P: 360-647-0801 ex. 2478
F: 360-676-0406
melinda@grizzly.com
www.grizzly.com

Buzzzz4

Jeff here is the current list I have for your selections for either the auction or DD which ever you decide to do with them

I didn't see the pen I offered with the magazines it is featured in. If it's not needed, that's ok. It is the cherry pit pen I took 2nd place wtih in the Best of IAP contest along with the Pen World magazine and the Woodturning magazine it was in.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It can quickly and easily be added to the list Eric. My list was primarily the donations for the contests, then minus the ones Jeff needed. If it was a direct donation to the Donation Drawing or Auctions such as this one I may have overlooked it thinking that Jeff or Andrew would have already taken advantage of your offer. Jeff has more items than are on my list but he would be Happy to accept your pen Im sure. I will add it to the list.

New list.

Attachments

• Jeffs pick for the DD.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jeff here is the current list I have for your selections for either the auction or DD which ever you decide to do with them

I didn't see the pen I offered with the magazines it is featured in. If it's not needed, that's ok. It is the cherry pit pen I took 2nd place wtih in the Best of IAP contest along with the Pen World magazine and the Woodturning magazine it was in.

As I understood it, we were going to use this in an auction.

None of the auction items are in the prize list, as far as I know.

FWIW,
Ed (sorry been working, have not been following this closely)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jeffs list is simply his choices for prizes to use, anything on that list that he may Auction off or use for the donation Drawing. However he wants to use them.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
The main, master list of prizes, with original descriptions and notes to the Contest Chairs and/or Jeff, is on the first page.

The spreadsheet was created by Mike, based off of that list...

So if anything is on the list, but not on the spreadsheet, please continue to let Mike know in this thread!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The box from Bear Tooth arrived today.

Chuck, how are you handling the gift certs from Bell Forest Products?

AUCTIONS! Do we need a separate thread to keep track of those?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
At present, it is my understanding that the pen from Eric (Buzzz4) and the two pens from Scott (Scott) will be in the auctions. Additionally, there will be some historical wood.

Still uncertain about the mugs from Jeff for the 10 year---IF that is happening, there will be plenty to fill the month. IF not, then I should be looking for more "stuff".

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Ed there is a watch blank from Capt G that he wished to be used in the auction. Line 12 in Jeffs picks.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
NEW ADDENDUM - Jan 16:

edohmann - one more Surprise Box.

I tried my hand at turning some delrin bushings & a pen insertion tool. It worked out pretty well -- a little rough, but I should be able to do better on the next ones, so I picked up some more rods and will make some for these Surprise Boxes.

I think that's 5 boxes all together: 2 Pen Blanks, 1 Bottle Stopper Blanks, & 2 Surprise Boxes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed there is a watch blank from Capt G that he wished to be used in the auction. Line 12 in Jeffs picks.

Thank you!! I wondered if I should contact Gary, since he has done this for the last couple years---I guess that answers that!!!

I will add it, happily!!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Is that the penultimate? and Team 5 pen?
Edited and updated. I am not distinguishing between the drawing and the Auction. Jeff and Ed can work that out.

Attachments

27 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Update on metal pen blanks

Got this email from Mike Kogan this evening. I responded and, gave him some options for his donation. I'll let you all know when I hear from him again. Can I give him an answer to his last question? AND, what is that answer? Thanks

Chuck,
I am in the process of moving so I am a little out of touch. I am sure that we would want to contribute, but I need to discuss the quantity with my partner. I will get back to you next week. Do you need the actual material or do we drop ship to the winner/s? When do you need it by?

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
MetalPenBlanks.com
(888) 478-6745 Toll Free USA
(973) 601-7003International

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
"When do you need it by?"

We want the prize donors to have their prizes shipped within 14 days of the end of the contest. At the very least we want the prize donor to contact the winner within 14 days of the end of the contest to let the winner know when they can expect their prize. The winners will all be notified via an email sent to them by the contest chairmen that if they have not received their prize or heard from the prize donor within 14 days of the end of the contest they are to notify Jeff.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have the prize list ready. All the good prizes went to my contests and the rest of you got Iap stickers.:eek::tongue:

Attachments

• 2014 bash contest placement v1.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 143
    27.5 KB · Views: 136

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I am working on getting the expanded lists for each contest and will post them later tonight or tomorrow. In the mean time here is the master list Im working off of. I will have the donor, the prize, and values for you.

Attachments

• 2014 bash prizes v1a.xls
    40 KB · Views: 140

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mike Kogan at metalpenblanks is donating 10 3/4 x 5" M3 blanks. Total value $300.00. Waiting to hear from him about redemption process.

Craig Lapiana (clapiana) is going to send a package to Jeff this weekend. Waiting for a total value from him as well.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone started compiling a list of vendors, members, sponsors, and volunteers for the Bash recognition page? We need a list of all the people donating to the Bash.

Mike, do you have a master spreadsheet which would have all the names on it, so Jeff can code them into the front page banner?

Top Bottom