prize list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
placeholder for the prize thread, which will be edited as the prize donations come in.

Notes to Jeff occur in RED

Dalecamino (Chuck) began helping in January - his contacts are listed in PURPLE

Jeff, Please give credit on front page to the names in BOLD below - their chosen name is listed first, along with screen name (if applicable) and name for correspondence (when available).

Vendor Prize Donations:

Lake Superior Laser - Jeff Belany - ttoenman - IAP PM - lasering a name on a pen. Winner would have to send me the pen, I would laser it and pay return postage. Not a big prize but I'd do 2 or 3.

SDB777 - Scott - IAP PM - one(1) of each PR blank that we have. That would be a total of 35 PR swirled blanks with a dollar value of $121.25 at the time I am typing this....but the price will increase at the beginning of the year on the blanks.
Was also going to include a few large bowl blanks as well as a mix of bottle stopper sized blanks to bring the total to well over $150.00

rherrell - Rick: contact via IAP PM
TWO- toolrest packages. Each package contains a post and two rests, size to be determined by winner. Value..$45-$55 each.
TWO- sanding mills. Value $25 each.
ONE- $50 credit for anything I make.
Vendor Discount: [I]I'll also be offering discounts on all my products.[/I]

Classic Nib - Oklahoman - Roy:
Sponsorship of Event - see Mike for details

Exotic Blanks ed4copies - Ed and Dawn:
sponsorship of event - see Mike
Also: one package (approx $150 value) in the Donation Drawing (their request)
I will also continue to run the auction and a couple of the Historical Woods will be auctioned, which will be donated by Exotics.
And, as always, if you have a need as the bash progresses, certainly let us know and we will make every effort to "fill the void".

Old Fox Penblanks - IAP name: Oldfox - Donald - contact via IAP PM - - two (2) $25.00usd gift certificates

Woodnwhimsies - Tracey - woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com -
THREE $25.00 Gift Certificates
ONE $50.00 Gift Certificate
via email

Woodturningz - Fritz - fritz@woodturnings.com
FOUR $25.00 gift certificates - via email

Crown Tools - $105 value, three piece pen turning set direct to Jeff RECEIVED

Lee Valley - $50 gift card sent to Jeff directly RECEIVED

Richard L Greenwald LLC - penmaker56 - $50.00 "gift code" to be used on purchases on the RLGLLC website. The winner will have to register on the website as a normal customer, and then we will email him/her a promotion code, good for only that person to be used in purchases, (pens, pen parts, refills, plastics, anything on the website, but excluding photographs).

Mutt Blanks - Elmostro - IAP Contact - two (2) $50 gift certificates to Muttblanks.com with free shipping on top of the $50.

Satellite City Instant Glues - Glenn Hunter - contact via SatelliteCity IAP PM - TWENTY prizes of a Hot Stuff Pro Kit - value $40 - picture available at: HK-1 Hot Stuff Pro Kit- complete CA glue set with accelerator and debonder from Satellite City Instant Glues
Direct to Jeff

Alumilite - Carol - world@alumilite.com - we will not ship internationally for winners, we will give them a 20.00 credit for product. We will donate EIGHT 16 ounce kits this year for you Andrew, we will also have 20% off for the month of the Bash. Asked to send to Jeff, to avoid the 'will not ship internationally issue' - waiting for response - EDIT: Direct to Jeff

robutacion - George - His wording: TWO vouchers of AU$50.00 each, to be included to any activity running. This vouches are comprised of the $50 as total amount per vouch, in then the shipping cost has to be considered so, if prizes are awarded to overseas members, half of the vouch value can easily be eaten by shipping costs - I read that as TWO $50 gift certificates, with a 'no free shipping' caveat

Smitty's Pen Works - 2 prizes:
One will be 10 Le Roi Elegant LB component sets (5 standard and 5 click). Finish of my Choice.
The Second will be 10 Le Roi Elegant component sets (5 standard and 5 click). Finish of my Choice.

BulletPenKits.com - Eric - Sylvanite - FOUR $25.00 gift certificates

TurnTex Woodworks - Mesquiteman - TBD. Possible sponsorship. Always donates a prize to the Drawing, and a few others

WoodPenPro - Jimmy - Jimmy Finley
Pen Kits, Pen Blanks, Pen Mandrels, Pen Bushings, Wood Pens
sales@woodpenpro.com - TBD - acrylic set or pen kit set - TBD - sent to Jeff!

Timberbits - David - contact through vera - vera@timberbits.com
(5 sets of).
Package of:
- Woodworking smock (Valued at $50)
- Woodworking Apron (Valued at $50)
- Cap (Valued at 15)
Valued at $115 each ($575).
Once you have sent through the winner's delivery details, contact details (email) and smock size, we will organise shipment from our warehouse with a tracking number.

Berea Hardwoods - JOE - customerservice@bereahardwoods.com
TWO - $100.00 gift certificates for the IAP Bash
Please let us know the winners info and we will send these directly to them.

Easy Wood Tools: - Allan Ballard - easywoodtools.com - Alan@easywoodtools.com
(3) Easy Pen Turners, item #5200R2, (see attachment for photo). These tools retail for $89.99 are designed specifically for pen turners and available exclusively through Craft Supplies.
If you need any other Easy Wood Tools graphics for your website, visit EWT Retailer Resources . RECEIVED

Little Machine Shop - Dalecamino's contact! - $50 Gift Certificate
Shipped to Jeff

PTownSubbie - sponsoring contest - see Mike for details (Tube-On casting contest, according to my records)

Member Prizes

edohmann - Ed - FOUR Prizes total
TWO prizes of a Sm flat rate boxes of blanks - they will be a nice mix worth at least $25 - $30
AND: ONE SFRB box of bottle stopper blanks. It will be a mixture of wood & corian blanks and one will be a padauk & maple laminate like the one I made the "hot air balloon" stopper from for my daughter & SIL for Christmas.
AND: One Surprise Goodie Box. It will have a mix of things - for sure some pen blanks, bottle stopper blanks, and spent rifle cases (some 30-06 and at least two 50 cal & maybe some others) - it's a surprise!

JohnU - TWO jr tubed sets of Ringneck Pheasant feather blanks for bash prizes. I'll include a custom optional finial with each, valued at $30 per set. Note to Contest Chairman - Let me know if you need any pictures and I can send them when I get the blanks made up.

Brooks803 - TWO boxes of blanks.
Box 1 would be 22 3/4"x5" PR blanks in various colors/styles. Retail price would be in the $200 range.
Box 2 would be 10 3/4"x9" Alumilite blanks for custom pen work. These would also be in various colors. This would be worth $150 retail
Pictures can be available, if requested

pr_princess - small flat-rate box of ...something! :)

nava1uni - box of nice blanks

vanngo5d - dozen blanks, All cast, Cigar bands, industrial metal and a logo type with the 10th anniversary Jr2 and Wall St. mix. The 10th Anniversary blank will go to each set of how you divide it. I can send you one after I make it if you need to give the OK of that one. If you have any suggestions or request let me know and I will try to accommodate.
Thats should be a retail value of about 400.00 usd. - PM'd for clarification - I think it is two prizes of six blanks, and an extra prize of a custom 10th anniversary blank?
Pictures of anniversary blank sent to Jeff via email

Healeydays - Mike - TWO prizes of a 5 pack of my honeycomb blanks (value of $60 each)

hdbblue - Paul Huffman vice!

stonepecker -BOB - preference for kids contest, if there is one, to help promote the hobby

mywoodshopca - Jason -
TWO prizes of BOB:Value likely will be around $40-50.
(Likely a steam punk sierra blank, some bullet casings and filled with mixed woods).

Buzzzz4 - box of 8 blanks custom cast to their liking. They can include full size pinecones, mini-cones, antler bits, acorn tops, cherry pits, or wormy wood. Value on the box is about $110.

On a side note, I can offer the Cherry Pit Pen as seen in Pen World Magazine that I took 2nd place with in the casting contest for Best of IAP in 2012 to be used in auction if the leadership would like.

POSSIBLE SPONSORSHIP

Scott - As part of learning about making pens, Russ Fairfield suggested I get some fountain pens and learn to use them. I found I love good fountain pens, and I even gathered a modest collection of them. I was thinking I might donate one or two special pens as prizes. Do you think this might go over?

I have two in mind. One is vintage, and one is modern. The vintage is a very special Parker 51 in chocolate, that has been restored by Richard Binder, and ground by him to an italic nib. I'd put the value at about $200. The modern is a Namiki Vanishing Point in Raden. Again worth about $200. I would be willing to donate both if there is a good chance they would go to someone who would appreciate them. Is there a contest that will attract those making advanced pens?

firewhatfire - BOB

GaryMGg - SFRB of nice blanks

CaptG - Gary - multiple prizes:
two watch part Sierra blanks value $50.00 each,
one watch part blank for the Jr. Gent. Value $75.00
and two packs of assorted carbon fiber blanks valued at $75.00 each.
I am also building a special blank with a very high end watch face and will be including the high end kit with it for auction with 100% of proceeds going to IAP.

jimm1 - Jim - TWO prize of a pack of 10 Jack Daniel's blanks

MarkD - Mark - BOB

Displaced Canadian - all prizes for the Edible Pen Contest (of which he is Chairman - therefore, no follow-ups necessary)

Goodturns - TWO prizes:
I would like them to be a choice for the winner.... either a small flat rate box valued at around $25 OR one or two blanks that will make them very happy... this allows folks like me (who don't use 99% of the freebie or prize blanks as they are not that special) to receive a couple of NICE blanks instead of a regular box of nice blanks....

ALSO (follow-up required) I have a bin of "regular" blanks and can make up a bunch of boxes if you run short...let me know. They'll never get used in my shop but would be very happy in most.

thebillofwrites - Bill - BOB

SteveG - "sure to please" Box of blanks

Karl_99 - BOB, including 1 yellow cedar burl

Robert Sherlock - BOB

bocere1 - flat rate box of African Blackwood turning spindles aprrox 1.5 x 1.5 x 8 That will be 3 of those and I will round it out with a couple of pen blanks, either more blackwood or something.

mbroberg - Mike - a brand new, un-handled 5/8 Mark St. Leger Spindle Roughing Gouge from Thompson Lathe Tolls (Valued at $70.00)

dalecamino - custom made FP (kitless/less kit of course) built to the recipients request

Indiana_Parrothead - Mike - a watch parts pen blank. I can make the winners choice, Jr, Sierra, or Aero. Mickey Mouse, Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny, or regular watch face. Paint or carbon fiber base the winner gets to make the decisions. It should be worth $25, of course since it based on the winners picks it won't be ready to mail the day they win.

edman2 - bob

NittanyLion - Steve - Box of Burl Blanks or slabs

gimpy - BOB, $50 value

swagopenturner - Mark - TWO prizes:
- a box of 4 Tru-Stone blanks
- the second will be a large box of Mirka AutoNet Sanding Discs

Displaced Canadian - FIVE Prizes:
Two prizes are two 8" pieces of ebonite and one 8" acrylic and
2 prizes are an assortment of acrylic and burls.
I also have 10 Alumilite blanks that are also around 8 inches. Yours to do with as you see fit.

triw51 - William - 10 assorted acrylic blanks worth aprox. 30-35 dollars

Silver Pen Parts - mredburn - 10 silver pen kits, one will have 18k accents. I am recomending using it for a raffle but there are no strings attached to any of the prizes. (his wording)
ALSO: I will donate another 4 Rollerball kits and 5 ball point kits. They will have Iap 10 years or something like that on either the clip or an insert or both.

Value: The one with 18k $450.00, the other roller ball kits $185.00 each. the ball point kits around $120 each. I originally was going to do 10 roller balls but thought that maybe a euro custom style might be nice as well. I may add 18k to one of those as well.

I would recomend individual prizes but as I stated no strings attached. My thoughts on the one pen kit as a raffle was you would raise more money selling tickets at $5.00 each than one person would pay for the kit. There will be a limited number of members that can afford the bidding if you auction it. But as Im sitting here if I had a Euro with 18k in the center band as well maybe that would be a better raffle. Im basically adding gold bands to the center bands, more on the cap and front section of the rollerball.
Any way those of you that make those decisions can figure that out. IF there are any left for General prizes I can figure that part out. (his wording)

Follow-up required:

Remove MCBRYDE from vendor contact list - no longer an IAP vendor

Bad Dog's Burls - cannot donate this year, but please contact next year!

CSUSA - will donate, deliberating as to what exactly - check Gmail for update. Not interested in sponsorship

Recent Follow-up emails sent to:
Andrea Lowe <andrea@gwrra.org>,
Bob Gadd <bobg@kmstools.com>,
Donna Stovall <burls@burlsource.com>,
Ernie McFarlane <ernie@beartoothwoods.com>,
CSUSA

Paul in OKC - out (sells only through Roy now)

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Easy Wood Tools

Attachments

• 5200R2-Mini Easy Pen Turner.jpg
    5200R2-Mini Easy Pen Turner.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bell Forrest Products - Two - $50.00 Gift Certificates

They have lumber domestic and exotic

Waiting for a reply from Ernie at Beartoothwoods

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Chuck, when you list your prizes, can you please make sure that you're putting where the product is? I.E. shipped to Jeff, electronic (emailed to Jeff), or the like? As well, for new non-traditional vendors like this, can you please put their website and contact info (i.e. name and email) in case we have to contact them?

Thanks!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
What I have so far, question marks by the value means I need a stated value to properly award them. Also Vanngo5d clarification on whether the IAP aniversary blanks are included in the bobs or seperate.

Attachments

• 2014 bash prizes v1a.xls
    36 KB · Views: 168

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, when you list your prizes, can you please make sure that you're putting where the product is? I.E. shipped to Jeff, electronic (emailed to Jeff), or the like? As well, for new non-traditional vendors like this, can you please put their website and contact info (i.e. name and email) in case we have to contact them?

Thanks!!
No problem Andrew.

Little Machine Shop - $50.00 certificate in the form of Promo Code from Chris
info@littlemachineshop.com

Bell Forest Products - two $50.00 Promo Codes Contact is Josh Nicholas
josh@bellforestproducts.com

Jeff has instructed me to retain these codes until the drawings have been made.

Waiting to hear from Beartoothwoods and Grizzly Industrial

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have a correction on the Gift Certificate from Little Machine Shop. Cheryl Kubiak is sending a hard copy GC with catalogs.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jonathon Brooks donations have to be removed from that list. Jonathon is now sponsering the Russ Fairfield Competititon.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Updated again with Jeffs choices applied plus a c couple I thought he should take. Plus line 82 the custom blanks if they are seperate from the BOBs.

Attachments

36.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
NEW ADDITION: Jan 9th

CSUSA: Ben Williams <bwilliams@woodturnerscatalog.com>
We are happy to support the IAP Birthday Bash. I would like to donate:

TWO Easy Pen Turner Tools (part # 104-526) $89

THREE Micro Magic Polishing Wax Kit (part # 1052130001)

(1) Set of all 4 Double Dyed Figured Poplar Pen Blanks $28

(1) Set of all 4 Double Dyed Box Elder Burl Pen Blanks

I am happy to ship prizes directly to individual winners, unless you would rather have me ship them all to the administrator.

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
New addition, Jan 9th:

Southernclay - IAP Member
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/farm-wood-georgia-heart-pine-bolt-action-civil-war-pens-117918/

Several of the Heart Pine blanks I used in the bolt pen in the link as well as a couple other blanks to fill a small box

The wood came from a friend's farm in south Georgia. It has been in his family's barns for decades sitting there getting dusty. You can see blanks I have already cut in the picture too, they were cut from stakes used as drying racks for tobacco.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jeff's requests - listed as DD in this spreadsheet.

In this document, is the following:
robutacion 50 gift certificate 50
51 gift certificate 50
I suggest you add the numbers 1 and 2 behind the gift certs (as you did everywhere else)!! As the month goes on, you will be happy to have the additional identifiers when you are scared to death you gave away the same prize twice!!!

Otherwise, list looks REAL good!!!!

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
taken care of thanks for the catch

Attachments

37.5 KB · Views: 137

Buzzzz4

Aren't Scott's pens going in the auction? They are listed as 88 and 89. Also, did R&B do anything this year?

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
no, no response from R and B. I'm swamped with work at the moment - can you follow-up, Chuck, if you have a second?
I'll get right on that. Little Machine Shop Hard copy certificate arrived last night. Jeff asked me to hang onto it till award time.

Sent email to R&B. Also, PM to clapiana

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im prepared to throw up to 4 boxes of blanks into the mix if needed to balance out any shortages. IF any of you would like to be put on a list for back up boxes let me know. Im thinking we should have 5 boxes for the losers bracket drawing.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Im prepared to throw up to 4 boxes of blanks into the mix if needed to balance out any shortages. IF any of you would like to be put on a list for back up boxes let me know. Im thinking we should have 5 boxes for the losers bracket drawing.
Mike, I'm in for one more backup bob.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Craig (clapiana) says he will be glad to donate prizes. BUT, has questions about how shipping will be handled. Overseas shipping will govern what, or how much he will donate. I'm not sure what to tell him but, I told him I would get back to him. Can I get some assistance with this? Please!:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here is the latest list I have compiled.

Attachments

38.5 KB · Views: 122

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jeff here is the current list I have for your selections for either the auction or DD which ever you decide to do with them

Attachments

• Jeffs pick for the DD.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom