prize delivery question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I received the following email from Wood n Whimsies.

Do you have a list of winners and the amounts. I'm getting an email from someone saying they won a certificate and were told to contact me. I have know way of knowing if they are an actual winner or not.

Normally I get a list with names, amounts, and emails and I send out the certificates.

I think she has a valid point - what's the fix? In the past, we've 'held' the winners until all were chosen, then one email was sent...I think we've changed that this year...is that going to lead to issues?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That would be one of the Trivia winners. Guess I didn't exactly understand how to get the daily winners and, donors hooked up. I simply sent a PM to them and told them who to contact with their information. I believe last year Ed took care of the prizes. What would you like me to do?

There are two prizes from her on the Daily Trivia prize list. Phunky_2003 won the first one. The other is to be awarded tomorrow the 5th day.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The procedure spelled out HERE is not practical for daily trivia. Andrew pointed out in that thread that the trivia prizes are normally (not always) BOBs donated by members and the donated members could simply be contacted and told where to send the BOB.

Would it be reasonable for the trivia chairman notify members donating BOBs where to send the prize but in the case of businesses inform the winner that prize delivery may be delayed X amount of time. Compile a list of the winners for the companies and submit the list to them at the end of the Bash or maybe two lists, one at the halfway point and one at the end. This is just a thought, open to other suggestions.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That would be one of the Trivia winners. Guess I didn't exactly understand how to get the daily winners and, donors hooked up. I simply sent a PM to them and told them who to contact with their information. I believe last year Ed took care of the prizes. What would you like me to do?

There are two prizes from her on the Daily Trivia prize list. Phunky_2003 won the first one. The other is to be awarded tomorrow the 5th day.

Chuck, if they only donated two this year, and the next one is awarded on the fifth, I would suggest you just tell Tracey you will give her the two names on Saturday.

Yes, I did compile all the business information and put it on one spreadsheet for each business. But, really, if you (as chairman) send her a note to tell her someone has won, I would think that is adequate.

It is a little different, but Tracey is pretty reasonable, I think she would be OK with that.

FWIW,
Ed

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Tracey sent me another email indicating that without any 'credible' forward from someone at the IAP, she has no way of knowing if the person contacting her is genuine.

While the odds are slim that someone would try and defraud a company out of a gift certificate, I think it's best if the chairman forwards the address of the winners if at all possible...if not, we can reevaluate, but Tracey has a good point re: not knowing which prize to send, and whether the person is genuine.

I told her we'd do as described above - so please let her know the address of both winners when they're awarded, Chuck.

Thanks!
Andrew

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have the addresses of 3 of the 4 winners so far and, WILL contact all the donors. Now that I know what to do there should be no further problems.

Thanks for the help.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I sent Tracey an email yesterday from their website. Introduced myself as IAP Trivia contest chairman. I explained to her there are two of her prize donations designated for the Trivia contest and, they will both be available after today. I have not received a reply from her as yet. I've asked both winners to be patient as it may take some time to get their prizes. No problem there. I asked Tracey to let me know her preference on getting the winners info to her.

Andrew, if you're the one with credibility around here, maybe you could drop her a note? In the event she didn't get my email. She may think I'm scamming her as well. Thanks

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Chuck, she hasn't responded to me either since my last email. When you get both winners, you can either contact me and I'll let Tracey know.

I already told her we'd let her know when we have both addresses - so let's get those ready first.

Andrew

I sent Tracey an email yesterday from their website. Introduced myself as IAP Trivia contest chairman. I explained to her there are two of her prize donations designated for the Trivia contest and, they will both be available after today. I have not received a reply from her as yet. I've asked both winners to be patient as it may take some time to get their prizes. No problem there. I asked Tracey to let me know her preference on getting the winners info to her.

Andrew, if you're the one with credibility around here, maybe you could drop her a note? In the event she didn't get my email. She may think I'm scamming her as well. Thanks

Top Bottom