Prize Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

You may know I won 1st prize in the Bash Draw and they are wonderful. So this is my first attempt at turning Acrylic Blanks and I'm quite pleased. I used a Sierra kit which I had. Used a Skew to turn and Micromesh and Chestnut Burnishing Cream to finish.
Some of the Blanks are marked JR 2 and can't find these in the UK not sure what they are

Your comments on a first attempt would be appreciated.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 182
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 164
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 155
  • pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 172
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jr II refers to the junior gent II (CSuSA). This will fit the Dayacom juniors (nominal 10.5 and 12.5 mm tubes) and other pens that use the same size tubes.

Kcimdrib

Very nice work. How many M&M's did you eat before you were able to nail down the technique? :p
Well Jim being Diabetic I have to report none. I am looking forward to making more with the rest of the blanks I have just got to find Pen Kits in the UK to match some of the Blanks.
Thanks for your reply.

Joebobber

Very nice job. I am truly jealous of your big win! That was a great prize. Those Jr 2s. should fit most 12.5mm cap and 10.5 mm body pens. There are ALOT of them!

Kcimdrib

Very nice job. I am truly jealous of your big win! That was a great prize. Those Jr 2s. should fit most 12.5mm cap and 10.5 mm body pens. There are ALOT of them!
Thanks for your comments I am still looking for the kits but you information should narrow the the search.

howsitwork

Well Jim being Diabetic I have to report none. I am looking forward to making more with the rest of the blanks I have just got to find Pen Kits in the UK to match some of the Blanks.
Thanks for your reply.
beaufort ink can probably help you with that. I won a pair of feather blanks on the losers train ride !! THanks Marla and Curly and got the relevant matched kits for the: from Beaufort

Kcimdrib

beaufort ink can probably help you with that. I won a pair of feather blanks on the losers train ride !! THanks Marla and Curly and got the relevant matched kits for the: from Beaufort
Thanks for that I will take another look at there site.

JohnU

Looks good Mike! I'm glad they finally arrived. I think the postal service like to stress us out. Lol
I believe the Leveche fountain pen and rollerball kits take the same size tube as the Jr.

Kcimdrib

Looks good Mike! I'm glad they finally arrived. I think the postal service like to stress us out. Lol
I believe the Leveche fountain pen and rollerball kits take the same size tube as the Jr.
Thanks John. They certainly were worth waiting for they are a thing of beauty before you turn them. I so look forward to using them. Also thank you for your advice on Pen Kits I'm sure I can sort it. There seems to be more choice in the US.
As for the Postal Service Covid can't be helping but things seem to be getting better hear again so fingers crossed.

Top Bottom