Prior Year Mugs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've been keeping one of every mug we produced with the intention to either auction or raffle them during the 10 year bash. Photos are attached.

Prior-4-5-6.jpg Prior-7.jpg Prior-8.jpg Prior-9.jpg

How would you recommend we offer these. As an entire set? In sets as they are pictured? Individually? Should it be a raffle or auction? Looking for your thoughts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

I concur with Mike. I like the idea that folks can pick the ones that they want/need. If the recent Gary Max mug thread is an indicator, it might lead to some fun bidding!

But there are a whopping 16 mugs/cups (if I am counting correctly)...Perhaps enough to have their own 10th anniversary special "Mug Auction Night"...or nights?

Edit in: As these are a special 10th anniversary deal that Jeff has been saving many years for ...perhaps the mugs should be distinguished in some way?.... Signed by Jeff maybe?? Accompanied by a letter??

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think I could find an auctioneer, if Southebee's is too busy!!

I agree individually is the way to go.

A raffle, as Mike R suggests would probably result in the greatest revenue, but Mike may not be aware of the legal problems with that (don't know how long you have been involved Mike---PayPal frowns on raffles and gets nasty)

Of course, the concept of a full set would have the greatest value, but it would also limit bidders to only those with the most money----I'm not sure we have a lot of very wealthy members who are involved enough to find the mugs "precious".

So, my suggestion is auction, one at a time.
Or keep them, if they are actually the only ones you have left, they may be very important to you, some day---as a memento of one of your legacies---The IAP!!
FWIW,
Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was aware that Paypal frowns on raffles but I thought in a prior year we did it on another site than paypal. If your going to auction items I would suggest a list of the Items to be published at the beginning of the Bash to allow members time to turn in their pop bottles to get the deposits back.:biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I concur with Mike. I like the idea that folks can pick the ones that they want/need. If the recent Gary Max mug thread is an indicator, it might lead to some fun bidding!

But there are a whopping 16 mugs/cups (if I am counting correctly)...Perhaps enough to have their own 10th anniversary special "Mug Auction Night"...or nights?

Edit in: As these are a special 10th anniversary deal that Jeff has been saving many years for ...perhaps the mugs should be distinguished in some way?.... Signed by Jeff maybe?? Accompanied by a letter??

That's an interesting idea. I have been saving these with this exact purpose in mind. I admit that I was planning to move them as one big lot in some way, but I see the point of the auction.

I wonder if eBay would be the way to go with this. I doubt that there would be much interest outside of IAP. I could make the listings, have them start simultaneously, then publish the links in a thread in the bash forum at the appointed day and time.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
eBay would be the easy way to do it. But having Ed do it "In house" would, IMHO, generate more excitement. If you do go the eBay route I think we need a thread dedicated to play by play.

Top Bottom