Princess Crib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

My oldest daughter is expecting a daughter and asked me to make a "Princess Crib"- nothing too simple! I am kinda making it up as I go and this is what I have come up with so far. It features 30 turned spindles. I have mocked up 1/2 off a support system for a canopy made of white netting. I will also add some faux wheels. It will be painted white and may have some pink accents. Does the curve for the canopy look about right?

0743CD3D-F6A5-4AC3-86A7-84E083950D06.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work, Cody !!!

Yup .... 30 spindles ! . I counted 'em !! . Each one coulda been 4.5 pens !!

The canopy curve looks good .... you wouldn't want it much shallower .... need elbow/head room for getting "the bundle" in and out.

I hope you keep us posted on the further developments as your work moves toward completion. . Thanks for showing !!

Scotty

Nice. That's good work. Be sure to show off that little girl when she gets here too. I have 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. They come at a time in your life when you really need them and make you feel 10 tall! I almost cried every time one of them said "Give it to papaw. He can fix it!" Enjoy her and spoil her rotten.

Cwalker935

Nice. That's good work. Be sure to show off that little girl when she gets here too. I have 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. They come at a time in your life when you really need them and make you feel 10 tall! I almost cried every time one of them said "Give it to papaw. He can fix it!" Enjoy her and spoil her rotten.

My other daughter is expecting as well, she had to outdo her sister and expecting twins a girl and a boy. Their official due dates are only ten days apart. They think the twins will come early tho. In any event, we will have three grandchildren within weeks of each other so I will to work hard to spoil them all rotten.

GaryMGg

This looks very nice.

Some years ago, I built a special crib and studied the safety requirements.
I'll add some points for safety:
Find your mattress and then make certain the crib frame is not larger than this mattress by about 3/8".
The actual recommendation is 2 fingers but whose fingers?
A gap of 3/8" or less around the mattress is safe.
Distance between spindles should be less than 2-3/8" (roughly, a 12 ounce soda can).
The corner posts should not protrude above the sides to prevent the child's clothing from getting caught.

Cwalker935

This looks very nice.

Some years ago, I built a special crib and studied the safety requirements.
I'll add some points for safety:
Find your mattress and then make certain the crib frame is not larger than this mattress by about 3/8".
The actual recommendation is 2 fingers but whose fingers?
A gap of 3/8" or less around the mattress is safe.
Distance between spindles should be less than 2-3/8" (roughly, a 12 ounce soda can).
The corner posts should not protrude above the sides to prevent the child's clothing from getting caught.

Thanks, I designed it to those same specs, my corner posts do extend slightly but everything is roundedand there is nothing that clothing could catch on. The top of the mattress support will be at least 26" below the top rail.

Top Bottom