Pretty Wood Pen Entry #5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nedge

Nedge

This was my Budget Snap Cap Rollerball Pen that I entered in this years Pretty Wood Pen category. The Black Locust blank was cut from a small pruned branch that had been on the ground for years. Black Locust is rot resistant, even though the bark was almost gone, the wood inside was still solid. One of my favourite wood to make a pen with, the wood turns and holds a finish well and is very translucent. Estimated age of the tree is 100 years.
Congratulations to all the winners and all the other Pretty Woods Pens entered in this years Bash, making it a success.
Thanks
Ed
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nedge

This was my Budget Snap Cap Rollerball Pen that I entered in this years Pretty Wood Pen category. The Black Locust blank was cut from a small pruned branch that had been on the ground for years. Black Locust is rot resistant, even though the bark was almost gone, the wood inside was still solid. One of my favourite wood to make a pen with, the wood turns and holds a finish well and is very translucent. Estimated age of the tree is 100 years.
Congratulations to all the winners and all the other Pretty Woods Pens entered in this years Bash, making it a success.
Thanks
Ed
View attachment 300421View attachment 300422View attachment 300423
That's a long blank to drill through.
Well done and great finish!
The brass tube is 3 1/8" in length and the blank was 3 3/8 " x 3/4" x 3/4 ". I used a pen vice to hold the blank and a new Brad point drill bit. Drilled very slow and made sure to remove the wood filings frequently, which helped to keep the hole centred at the other end of the blank.

Top Bottom