Pretty wood pen contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the following rules apply:

Blank Material

-Your blank material must be wood. No plastics, no composites, no metal, no casting, no mixed wood and plastics, nor any material other than wood is allowed.

-No embellishments to the blank are allowed. This means, for example, no inlay, onlay, overlay, stickers, oops bands, CNC, laser art, segmenting, lamination, celtic knots, burning, engraving, or carving is allowed and will cause disqualification.

-Stabilized wood is allowed.

-Dyes, stains, pigmentation, paints, or any other colorants are not allowed.

Pen kit/component hardware

-Any commercially available kit/component hardware may be used, whether ballpoint, fountain, or rollerball.

The only modification allowed to the kit is replacement of the insert in the cap finial with a piece of the pen blank material used to make the pen body.

-Kitless pens are not allowed.

Photographs

You may submit up To 3 photos of your pen.
-Consider a photograph size of 800 x 600 as ideal. The contest chair reserves the right to resize photographs or slightly crop them to achieve a consistent image size.

-You may use a commercially available, clear plastic pen stand as a prop.

-You may use a small off-cut of your pretty wood blank as a prop.

-No other props are allowed.

-Use a single-colored, plain background. The color and intensity of the background affects the highlights of your pen. The background should let your pen stand out, not interfere with it.

-No montages, watermarks, or any other identifying marks that might reveal the identity of the maker.

To Enter

Submit your entry by clicking here - Entries

-Name, Username, email address,
-the pretty wood you chose to use, any description you feel will be helpful.
-the pictures required.

Do not post your entry in this thread

One entry per person

Please send a private message after you submit your entry to help ensure that your entry has been received if you have not recieved any notification from me within 24 hours. .

Entries for The Pretty Wood Contest will be accepted starting Feb 1st 2020, and ending Monday Feb. 22nd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.

Please post questions in this thread.

Get busy, good luck, and let us see your Pretty Wood Pen.

First place - a sterling silver pen kit from silver pen parts. $100
Second place - A Gift Certificate from Robutacion $50.00
Third place - A Bob From Edgar $25

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

Can this be a pen that you made several years ago?

You said along with the Universal rules... where are those?
I'm new to this bash thing... sorry.

PreacherJon

Here's a link to the Universal Contest Rules. In short, as long as you haven't shown the pen publically, it is not important when you made it :)
Thank you... I guess the pen I'm thinking about is out of the question... its the one I have with my avatar. I've never put it in a competition or anything... and every pen I've ever made has gone up on at least facebook for friends to see. Oh well...

Joebobber

Thank you... I guess the pen I'm thinking about is out of the question... its the one I have with my avatar. I've never put it in a competition or anything... and every pen I've ever made has gone up on at least facebook for friends to see. Oh well...
Sounds to me like a great excuse to go splurge on a nice piece of wood!

PreacherJon

Sounds to me like a great excuse to go splurge on a nice piece of wood!
Well... a beautiful pen inside a beautiful piece of wood is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your are going to get. It might come out really, really nice.... but to put it into a contest... it will be drab compared to others.

Top Bottom