Pretty Wood Pen contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
What would the Summer Extravaganza be without the great Pretty Wood Pen contest, the rules are pretty simple.
1- Make a Pen using your best pretty wood. You can segment it but only with wood. NO resin. Only hand work, no cnc or 3d printing, or lazer work.

2- Universal contest rules apply, you mist be a member in good standing.

3- Use any Kit you want.

4- email me up to 3 pictures to Sales@silverpenparts.com by Aug. 20th midnight EST.

I will post a poll or more if I need to narrow the field down to 10 finalists and then run a final poll to determine the winners.
Some one will win bragging rights and a prize or two.

Ask questions if you got em.

Prizes
first gc $50 robutacion
second BOB thuya blanks rolandranch
third Bob of blanks gr8macbeth
random dymondwood LarryC (if we have more than 5 entries)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Oh, and put wood pen contest in the subject line. I may inadvertently put it in the wrong contest if you don't.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes, but there is a kitless contest as well. You can only enter the pen in one contest. You cannot enter any pen in more than one contest.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This contest is now open for entries. If you dont receive and email from me letting you know I received your entry within 24 hours, send me a pm to make sure I have it.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hah! I now have an entry too. Dont miss out on some great fun, make a pen take a photo or 3 and join in. The only way to lose is not to enter!

MDWine

Just curious, do we have members that are NOT in good standing?
What is "good standing"?
Seems to me that if you have not been "ejected" from the board, that is good enough?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are a very few members that have not completed an IAP activity, such as a Pith pen swap. Signing up for a PITH and receiving a pen from someone and not sending a pen is just one of the ways. They are not banned from the Forum but they are not allowed to participate in any of the contests or future Piths until they have completed the one they failed to do so.

Noot17

Is it considered bad form to use a pen that you didn't make in August after the start date? I have one I made a month or two ago that I really like, and I'm not sure I'll have time to get in the shop before this closes (lots of travel coming up). It hasn't been posted anywhere, but I also don't want to exceed the bounds or purpose of the contest.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If you have not shown the pen prior to now on any forum, you can use it. If you have shown it at some point you can not.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have decided to keep them all to myself this year!:biggrin:
Actually I have them ready to post in each contest I just got busy and forgot to post them. I will do it now.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If your going to enter a pen into the contest this year now would be a good time to get started. If you dont hear back from me when you send an entry, pm me or post here and I will check to make sure I got it.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF your going to get that pretty wood pen made and entered NOW would be a good time to get started. Plenty of time left to make a pen but the deadline to get it entered is tonight at Midnight, Eastern time.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will be posting the poll later this evening, I have one entry that I can see the entire pen on the thumbnail but only half of it shows up when I open the file. As soon as that member resends his pictures I will post the poll.

Top Bottom