Pretty in pink ... no, blue!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skie_M

Skie_M

Yes ... this is a Chrome with Pink Crystals Breast Cancer Awareness pen from Penn State. And it's dressed up in an Aquarius blank, also from PSI. This exact combo was specifically requested by my customer for himself. He's a survivor of prostate cancer, and wanted a BCA pen, but without the pink barrels I usually use.

Delivery to my client will be on Wednesday 10/14/15 sometime in the afternoon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see, the color is a predominant and lovely dark blue, similar to the Sapphire Silk, with some Emerald Silk highlights mixed in.

The blank turned quite chippy, but in small chips ... I stopped using my chisels about 2mm away from finished diameter and went the rest of the way with Abranet. No filling or repair was required.

Attachments

• BCA5.jpg
    BCA5.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 453
  • BCA5-2.jpg
    BCA5-2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 446
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

I'm going to have to take a few more pics of it in sunlight ... My lathe work light is a very nice daylight blue and it's pretty bright, but I was just showing it to the client about 2 hours ago in bright sunlight and it was just stunning.

Skie_M

Well, it's delivered now ... he had to wait till monday for his pay, lol!

Currently working on an order for 2 lever actions and a Deer Hunter bolt action (which is already done). I just need to get the money together for the order.

Top Bottom