Pretty camatillo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

A lot of new small (invisible) steps toward kitless:
- no brass tubing was used, I think camatillo is hard and dense enough to hold on its own.
- no bushings were used, all caliper measured.
- no pen mandrel was used, a collet chuck arrived and I made my own "mandrels" for the body and the cap.
A lot of learning along the way as well. Finish is Hampshire sheen, I see some small radial marks in the pictures (damn macro lens!), I need to do better next time :)
C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Camatillo-DE1.jpg
    Camatillo-DE1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Camatillo-DE2.jpg
    Camatillo-DE2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Camatillo-DE3.jpg
    Camatillo-DE3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Fred, that pen is very beautiful ... you have done a fantastic job ... I love the grain pattern and I love your finish. Very Well Done !!!

Pierre---

Great, go on going you way!
One way to be unafraid of macro lenses is to wear loupes when finishing. If you are even nearly happy with the magnifying, it will be gorgeous without. :glasses-nerdy:

Fred Bruche

Pin mandrels?

No pin, just sizing the "mandrel" to the drill size (the one for the cap is on the chuck, and I'm holding the one for the body), combined with friction was good enough. It doesn't take long to make and it's pretty much free since I used wood from a pallet to make them :)

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 128

Fred Bruche

Great, go on going you way!
One way to be unafraid of macro lenses is to wear loupes when finishing. If you are even nearly happy with the magnifying, it will be gorgeous without. :glasses-nerdy:

I might need to get higher magnification than the ones I am using now... :biggrin:
Actually what I need is more self-control and more discipline to not move to the next step and not overlook anything.
Cheers!

Top Bottom