Pressure Tanks from HF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by Glass Scratcher
The only fittings you need on the pot lid for simplicity sake are the overpressure safety valve, pressure/vacuum guage, a shutoff valve and a female coupler, an elbow or 90deg fitting inside the lid, is useful, and will not effect safety.

I must be getting old, cause the coupler like shown in Scotts and Fire's pictures and buried under boxes and tarps in my work room are definatly male. Don't know why I gots female on the brain. Can't live with'em, can't live with'em. Maybe you can, but I can't.

Jarheaded

I got my new pots today and I can almost hear the parts breaking off already, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to start snapping tubes sideways. I can hardly wait. The destructive instincts are coming out. One of these are going to get the pressure test done so we know what max pressure really is. I can't wait for a nice explosion with shrapnel flying all over the place. [}:)]

This may stress the tank, but it will lower my stress a lot.:D

Dan_F

Originally posted by Glass Scratcher

I'm sorry if this came off as a rant. I had planned to write up and photograph an alternative pressure pot tutorial, but work, holidays and the city inspectors for my old house have been breathing down my neck. I will try to uncover my casting station this week, and photograph it and put it in this thread if anyone is interrested.

I would certainly appreciate that!

Dan

Top Bottom