Pressure pot leaking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjbear76

I bought a used Binks pressure pot off Ebay some time back. Realized the gasket on the lid needed replacing. I ordered a replacement gasket and installed it, still has a slow leak. I could feel a little air escaping close to one of the clamp downs. Finally found a pin hole bubble coming from the weld of the clamp down.
If I leave the the valve open to the compressor, the air pressure will drop from 50 psi to about 42 psi and the compressor will kick in again. Not an ideal situation I admit.
1) can the weld be repaired? I do have a mig welder, but have very limited experience in welding
2) what are the safety risks casting blanks under these conditions? Other than the compressor running almost constantly.
Should I just eat my losses and find a new one?

MRDucks2

I would one of two things. First, the sure approach would be to take it to a welding and have them fix it. The cost should be minimal and they should also be able to hydrostatically pressure test it for you.

The other option would be to come up with a good way to apply some JB weld to it and hydrostatically pressure test it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom