Pressure pot before HF??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering something. Before finding and using the HF paint pressure pot, what was everyone using? What about people in different countries that don't have a Harbor Freight? What do folks in England or Oz use for a PP when doing their casting?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

I suspect that the use of pressure and vacuum in home-based shops (for our purposes) is new enough that there really isn't a 'before HF'.

While I have no idea if HF ships internationally, folks who live in areas not served by HF can buy paint pots from other sources. Heck, I think I've seen one of them in nearly every pawn shop that I've ever been in (that deals with tools).

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Remember, HF is not the only place that sells pressure pots. I bought mine from a friend in the cabinet business long before I knew about the HF pots. It is a Blinks or something like that and is made MUCH better. I also have an HF pot as well. HF certainly did not invent the pressure pot and it has been around for a long time, long before airless paint sprayers.

PaulDoug

I'm wondering is a person could make a pressure cooker work some how. Like used for canning. Been kind of eying mt wife's. Hasn't been use for a long time.....

pssherman

Originally posted by PaulDoug

I'm wondering is a person could make a pressure cooker work some how. Like used for canning. Been kind of eying mt wife's. Hasn't been use for a long time.....
No. Pressure cookers are designed for a small amount of pressure. It could very easily explode (with shrapnell) if too much pressure is applied. Go with a paint pot, its a lot safer.

Binks and DeVilbiss both made and sold pressure pots long before Harbor Freight itself even existed. I was using them in the mid-60's, and they were not by any means a new item even then.

Top Bottom