Predator calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

Here are my first 2 predator calls. First is the most outstanding piece of osage orange that I have turned. It is one of the pieces that Joel had in the recent sale.

200712523027_call%20003.jpg

Next is a piece of anigre from GaryMg. I have never turned anything so hard. I would make 3 or 4 passes then have to sharpen my tools.

200712523156_call%20005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Nice work Jeremy. In Rock, Paper, Scissors, Anigre is the paper that beats metal. ;)
Tough stuff but it sure does finish pretty.
Nice Osage too -- I prefer the shape of that call.

R2

Thanks Jeremy. When I lived in south western New South Wales There were plenty of rabbits and hence a high fox population. The rabbits were trapped by local rabbit trappers for their skins and pet meat.Occasionally foxes would get to the trapped rabbits, attracted by their piercing squeals. So every so often the trappers would make a whistle ( call ) from a piece of tin- Usually a Lid from a can of preserved fruit. This was done by punching a hole just off centre with a nail and then bending the lid along a line about 1/4" away from the hole.By adjusting the fold so that the hole was the correct distance from the other half of the metal , putting the folded edge in you mouth and blowing with the right amount of force you got a pretty good imitation of a rabbit in distress. The result was foxes and feral cats that were then shot.
Cheap and effective but not as pretty as your work.:D:D

Top Bottom