Prayers for Ukraine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yaroslaw

It's some of the saddest days in my life.
On the streets of my beautiful ancient city, which has more than 1000 year history, today were killed more then 100 people. Officials says "47" but medical volunteers counted more then 100 shoot to death persons among CIVIL UNARMED people. Shoot with sniper rifles and AK-47, shoot in head, heart, abdomen. Shoot to kill. Among them elder people, artists, journalists. They have been shoot by police and police snipers made it impossible to save the lives of the people. People died because they wanted to live in better place, with no fear, on their own land.
It's not only the police, city is flooded with criminals, that were "freed" from prisons having life sentences for murders and robbery and given firearms, several people were killed on the streets by "unknowns" in masks, including journalists.

That happened 20 minute walk from the house I lived last 2 years.
1.5 year ago, shortly after I moved in I found my passion in penmaking, I quit my regular and really well paid job and established a shop to spend all my time mastering the craft and finding a way from a craft to an art. A lot of days I spent more than 17hrs a day to learn, try, fail, read, research, make, market and sell pens. I woke up with a pens in mind and fall asleep thinking of them.

Today I left my shop, all the equipment I spend a huge amount of money and a time, all my materials as a penmaker. I took my documents, computer, some ready made pens and musical instruments, that I cannot live without, and drove to my parents apartment. For some nearest future I am no longer a penmaker.

I cried. Leaving things that give a huge amount of sense to your life (and is a sole source of income) is very painful.

I hope, but there is absolutely no guarantee, that my house and my shop would be safe when I could safely return. My neighbor, the owner of the house stayed, with a loaded hunter firearm near his bed. And no one knows, how the situation will evolve. Last day, when I was finishing the entry to Advanced contest, with a lathe turning I heard explosions every 10 seconds. You can imagine fireworks on New Years eve or Independence day, if you do not know what is REALLY happening.

I'm out of the rest of BASH contests. I still can apply pens, that I've made recently and haven't published yet on a website, but it is nothing I wanted to do for the contests. May be it sounds funny, but it still hurts.

The tears these days is the only thing that helps keep sanity. Anger, alcohol and other things could not give an answer to "WHY???" and how to live with that. It is 5 at the morning, and I just cannot go to sleep. I'm 31 and I cry.

If anyone knows what he can do for the peace in Ukraine - please, do it. If not - pray for us, for eternal rest of killed and for a peace of living. We need it now more than in last 70 years after WWII.

You are my second family, and I cannot post this anywhere else.
Thanks.

Dan Masshardt

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and your country. I had a roommate in college who is Ukrainian and he is going through it as well.

Praying for you and your family and all effected there.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yaro,

I feel like I know you and consider you a friend. I am happy to hear you are leaving the area---your brain is telling you the right thing to do. You will be able to make pens again, as long as you stay alive and healthy.

I don't understand the strife in your country---but I do understand how difficult it is to leave your home. "Things" can be replaced.

Be safe, my friend.

Ed

alphageek

Former Moderator
My prayer list is a little long these days as I try to sort out the pain that we are going through in my family, but I will pray that somehow your country finds peace. I can't imagine the fear you are going through. Please stay safe, your life is worth way more than your shop.

southernclay

I heard about today's events on the radio earlier and thought about you. We will pray. Your post hurts to read, I cannot imagine experiencing it

Stay safe, love your family and do what you need to do. Update us or post when you can or need to

When it is safe for you to get back to work it will be there. If anything happens to your equipment or supplies let us know

Warren

JohnGreco

Yaro- Please be safe above all else. There was a famous American comedian who once said a home was just a place for us to keep our stuff. Stuff can be replaced. I hope your parents are far away from the turmoil where you can all be safe.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yaro, you and your country are in our prayers.
I have been watching the news from Kiev with great sadness. I hope that a solution will be found soon.
As others have said, just keep yourself and your family safe & do not worry about your shop or equipment. I am sure that your friends here at IAP will do all we can to help you when it is safe to resume your work.
Ed

Buzzzz4

Yaro,
I am in tears for you and your country. I pray the violence ends and that you remain safe. This family is with you in thoughts and in prayers.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

I don't know what to say. I am deeply saddened by the situation, but glad that you have escaped the immediate danger.

I hope for the best for you and for your country.

Ed

mlconnelly

Yaro, I watched the news tonight with a heavy heart and it saddens me even more to hear it firsthand from you. Please know that we are lifting you and the area up in our prayers. Stay safe, material things can be replaced even though it is painful. But the knowledge and skill that you have worked so hard to develop cannot be taken away. Stay safe my friend.

robutacion

You know, there are simply no words to express how your situation feels like, there is still a lot of people out there that, don't have any idea what freedom and peace really means, may not be their fault as they never had to experience civil wars and revolutionary violent deadly disturbances however, this may be a good opportunity for some reflection on what you would do, if you would find yourself in these sort of deadly situations...!

I may know a little, "Portugal 24 April 1974"...!

Keep safe...!

Cheers
George

Teeball

Hoping for a speedy end to the conflict in your country, and thankful that you are in a safer place for now. Be well my friend.

ossaguy

I'm so sorry to hear about everything that is happening,I can't imagine what it is like for you.

I will keep you and your country in my prayers.

God Bless,
Steve

Yaro, I have been watching the News Reports of the events in your City, you have done the right thing. I pray for a speedy end to the tragic situation taking place. Stay safe and Post when you can, you will be in my Prayers

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I just cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. You are in my prayers. Your first hand account of the terrible events are just heart wrenching.

yaroslaw

Thanks guys for all your support.

We had several times during this two month feeling that it is going better, but it became much worse every time.
Today, I hope, will be the day that will change our future to better. I really hope that yesterday was the last blood in this conflict.

I know the material things is nothing comparing to human life. I'm also crying for policemen killed in the conflict. They also were humans, and have their families. I cannot think of their moral or virtues, but as long as they lived they could change.

My family and closest friends are safe, as far as I know.
Thanks once again.

dbledsoe

It's one thing to hear about these things when you don't have anyone personally involved, but it is entirely different when your friends, such as Yaro, are in the middle of it. I hope it works out well for you, and for all the good people of Ukraine.

OKLAHOMAN

I am at a complete loss for words to express my feelings after reading your post, stay safe, you and your country are in our thoughts.

Jim Burr

Banned
So many of us live under a veil of freedom, we have no comprehension of running for your life in the middle of the night with only a handful of possessions helping tie us to the life we left. God's speed for both your return and the coming of peace. Prayers to you and your country.

walshjp17

Completely at a loss for words. Just stay safe. Our thoughts are with you and your fellow countrymen. Yaro, залишатися сильним (Stay strong).

Last edited:
Top Bottom