Practice (no strings) bass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Earlier I made a practice violin for my grandson. Since my daughter plays the upright bass, I had to make him a bass as well. He is three and the idea of these "instruments" is to train him to hold them properly and to respect them as instruments not toys.

PXL_20231018_140110054.jpg

PXL_20231019_182233747.jpg

PXL_20231013_235806053.jpg

PXL_20231013_235703940.jpg

Mostly cut on my diode laser. Top and back are 1/4 inch plywood, side is made from 1.75mm bendy plywood. Neck is made with five pieces of plywood glued together after cutting. The fingerboard is oak painted black. The tuners and end pin plug are off an old discarded cello. It was a fun project and given my daughter and grandson's reaction well worth the time I spent on it.

jttheclockman

Great idea and job well done. But have a few why ??? Why not use the scrollsaw?? And why not have someone pick out the kids socks for him? :D:D:D

SteveJ

Great idea and job well done. But have a few why ??? Why not use the scrollsaw?? And why not have someone pick out the kids socks for him? :D:D:D
It was actually a challenge to see if it could be done on the laser (plus my scrollsaw skills are quite lacking).

If you would like to volunteer to have the sock fight with him every day, come on over! It started when he lost one of his favorite socks (who loses socks?) And he decided he liked wearing mismatched ones. He's three, so he parents wisely choose their battles!

jttheclockman

It was actually a challenge to see if it could be done on the laser (plus my scrollsaw skills are quite lacking).

If you would like to volunteer to have the sock fight with him every day, come on over! It started when he lost one of his favorite socks (who loses socks?) And he decided he liked wearing mismatched ones. He's three, so he parents wisely choose their battles!
I guess you can say he marches to his own bass.;)

Top Bottom