Practically New EZ Wood Ci1 David J. Marks Pro Series Rougher with Bubinga Handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

This is a beautiful tool. It has been used a little but hard to tell from new no blemishes, no dings in handle. In original case with a new, unopened Ci1 R2 Negative Rake cutter. Original Woodcraft price sticker on case is $145.99 - purchased at Woodcraft, Cincinnati, OH.

I can no longer stand to turn; I simply cannot use this tool. Asking $90.00 + actual shipping which looks to be no more than $21.00. Will consider all reasonable offers.. I tried taking a picture, but tool is too long to show any meaningful detail in photo. Will willingly answer all questions.

I appreciate you looking. Thanks,

Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Hello Don,
I have no need for this tool, as I already have the cutting tools I need. But my response is WRT you statement that you are unable to stand, to turn. I have been dealing with that issue for nearly two decades, and have managed to enjoy turning, and making a living turning pens (retired now). There are some good solutions, be it pens or bowls, that work for some people with limitations. I would be glad to discuss, if you are interested. You can see one in a prior thread I posted, showing a nice turner's bench. There are other approaches. If you would like to keep turning, and enjoying doing it, there are some things you might consider. I hope all goes well with you!

DrD

Steve, I would love to discuss any and all options with you. I find that if I stand for more than a very few minutes, my back begins to hurt unbearable. My arthritic knees prohibit any type of activity that requires moving about, getting up and down, etc., and my eyes aren't the eagle eyes I once had. I do not want to give up turning. Maybe I can't turn a bowl or stand at my bandsaw and cut out a bandsaw box, but I can still turn pens! I'll pm you later this evening or maybe tomorrow and look forward to what you can share.

I really kind of fell in love with the rougher, although I'm not a big David Marks fan, but it's just too big for me to handle now, so I raelly would like for it to move on to someone who can really use it.

Talk soon,

Don

DrD

Would your consider $75 + shipping?
Good Morning and thanks for the inquiry. This particular tool has a lot going for it:. it is a signed - engraved into the wood handle - David Marks Pro Rougher; it has a limited edition Bubinga handle; and it essentially in Like New condition. There are only some light marks on the bottom of the SS square arm from the lathe's tool rest. And it comes with a brand new - unopened - cutter. I could go no less than $85.00 + shipping USPS.

Thanks,

DrD

DrD

Got everything. The Rougher is packaged up and will be delivered to the post office today. I will send you the tracking number then.

Thanks,

DrD

howsitwork

Don

there are MANY , MANY turners over here who can't stand for long periods. There are lathes made to suit by Hegner and Robust as well. These allow HUGE bowls to be turned whilst sitting. Tony Wilson is wheelchair bound and a well known UK demonstrator. Hands are more of an issue !

I hope you find a solution to continue your enjoymeant of our wonderful, relaxing ( ?? šŸ¤«) hobby.

best wishes

DrD

Don

there are MANY , MANY turners over here who can't stand for long periods. There are lathes made to suit by Hegner and Robust as well. These allow HUGE bowls to be turned whilst sitting. Tony Wilson is wheelchair bound and a well known UK demonstrator. Hands are more of an issue !

I hope you find a solution to continue your enjoymeant of our wonderful, relaxing ( ?? šŸ¤«) hobby.

best wishes
Thanks for your Best Wishes.

Don

Top Bottom