PR stuff - dunno where to put this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomServo

I have some questions, and some suggestions both :)
First the suggestions:
Try cutting the PR at a 90-ish degree angle to the blank, on low speed - this is how plastics are generally machined and I get nice long ribbons on my Taig (still using metal tooling).. edit: trying to push an edge into a (fairly) brittle plastic will cause it to crack and peel. then again, i get sandblasted too if i cut too aggressively. mostly i'd like to hear some feedback on this, and see what people think.. Acrylic likes to be cut this way also, but it's more particular about spindle speeds. the acrylic blanks i've used are far less gummy than your typical plastic shop clear acrylic, though.

now the questions:
brain fart: i'll have to remember my question, more later :/

Thumbs

Thanks for the info, Brian.

Don't be embarrassed. More of us suffer from that affliction than would care to admit it! We call them BF's for short or sometimes just plain BS, too! [:p][}:)][:D][;)]

gerryr

I was turning a fair amount of antler recently and not having great success using a gouge so I bought a 1" round nose scraper. That thing just whistled through the antler. I recently tried it on acrylic and it works just as well as it does on the antler, nice long ribbons. I turn the acrylic at the second highest speed on my Jet, which I think is around 2600rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom