PR question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

scroller99

I was wondering if anybody here knows how to get the lines in the PR like the black and white or other colors, I mixed up two batches of different colors and stopped pouring half way through with one color made my lines with the other color and as it was hardening it mixed itself, through heat or osmosis? and instead of red and white I ended up with kinda swirly pink pen, and thoughts would be helpful? thanks Howard

davidrei

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but a few thoughts pop into my head: Did you wait until the PR gets into the 'gel' state before you mixed them? If you are looking for a sharp line, you may just have to cast the colors separately then glue the hardened pieces together. The only other thing I could think of would be to put some type of removeable divider in the mold, but that would be kinda tough to engineer.

its_virgil

Something like this?
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12341
More info later...

JimGo, I'll try to remember to post a close up of this pen like you asked me to when I first posted it. Sorry, I forgot.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Just a guess but I think they achieve this with an extrusion process. Something you cannot replicate easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom