pr casts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

First off, Why are you dropping your hand made custom pens?[:p]:D
Secondly, some argue that the amount of MEKP has nothing to do with the brittleness of the finished product. And at 3 or 4 drops, I would be pressed to believe it would either.
Thirdly, if you soften the PR enough to survive a drop, you would most likely create a situation where it would finish well, but not hold that finish long. I have already noticed pens I have made and carried in a pocket tend to dull down over a period of time. One I carry in my lunch box at work, is dulled considerably. There could be an undesirable trade off there.
Just some thoughts to consider.

Originally posted by Mather323

Is there anything that can be added to pr to prevent pens from shattering when dropped? PR brittleness is happening with only 2-3 drops of MEKP. Thanks![B)]

What % by weight of additives are there in your castings? That is, how much dyes, pigments and powders are you adding? The more "filler" the weaker the PR.

armyturner

There are a couple of casters out there that claim to have a "secret ingredient" that they add to PR to make it less brittle. You see it with a guys that pour blanks for game calls. I have never seen them tell anyone what it is though.

armyturner

There are a couple of casters out there that claim to have a "secret ingredient" that they add to PR to make it less brittle. You see it with a guys that pour blanks for game calls. I have never seen them tell anyone what it is though.

ElMostro

Originally posted by armyturner

Shhhh...the secret ingredient is ..... ALUMILITE!:D[}:)].

No really it may not be the secret ingredient BUT IT DOES NOT SHATTER.

Top Bottom