Powder coat guys...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Hey, if anyone is interested in helping me out I have 2 items I would like to be clear coated for my restored Delta lathe. The 2 itmes are the handwheel / outboard face plate. This is about 5" and needs only once side clear coated. (polished alloy) and the other is the tailstock weighted ball knob(also polished alloy.

It these are something that is not too expensive to do for me I would love to get them done but all the people around me don't get into "small stuff".

Here is the knob I polished... the photo makes it look bad, but it's like chrome.
delta-56.jpg

Drop me a PM if you can help me out with this one without breaking the bank. If the stuff is expensive to run thru I can just keep the mothers polish on it, but the handwheel is used to slow the lathe down and is always a dull gray. Now that I have found the proper weighted knob and polished it up the polished hand wheel just sets off my 1930's Delta so nice! :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Lee, if you can find guys in your area that PC Harley parts, they'll do it for you... and usually quite inexpensively. Check w/your nearset HD dealership. They should know a source.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
All I have is a toaster over also. If I had room, I'd check Craigs list for someone getting rid of an electric range.

hanau

Firefyter-emt keep an eye out at harbor freight. The powder coating system goes on sell for $59 and you can get a toaster oven for less than $50.

Draken

You don't want to use the same toaster oven for PC and for food. Once you cure the PC in it, it is pretty much ruined for food, unless you want stinky food that may make you sick.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom