Potpourri Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

Last year or year before my sometimers has kicked in so not sure when, but a friend gave me several slabs of Jatoba (Brazilian Cherry) that I finally got around to using a
piece of this week... two Potpouri bowls with pewter lids. both are bout 4" diameter, one gave me a little grief doing the top for the lid, so it's about 1/4 to 3/8" shorter
than the other, but both turned out pretty nice.... the wife complimented me anyway. :cool:

514011 (1).JPG
514011 (5).JPG
514012 (1).JPG
514011 (1).JPG514011 (5).JPG514012 (1).JPG
514012 (4).JPG

The finish is just sanding through 600 grit and then polished with my home made version of Yorkshire Grit.... Mineral oil, beeswax and DE.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Edgar, I'm sorry, but I just can't remember where it was that I saw them. But, there is a seller that has a very large selection, of different subjects on the pewter lids. There was at least a couple of dozen of different ones offered, but I didn't order any, because the seller wouldn't ship to Canada. If you do a search, you might be able to find out who it was. Or, maybe another member on here would know who I'm referring to. Good luck with finding them, I'll do a search later on tonight.

Len

eharri446

PSI sells a pack of 8 for $26.00. Unfortunately they are closed until the 27th. Lee Valley has 8 different styles at $4.50 each. They are not the same as the ones that PSI has.

Top Bottom