Post Your BASH Winnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I thought I would start a thread where everyone who won something during BASH could post photos of their winnings or how they've used their winnings. This will also be a good way to publicly thank our donors for their generous contributions.

I'll start it off with this beautiful set of Color Explosion Alumilite blanks that I won in the Donation Drawing. These were produced and donated by Eugene (El Mostro) at Mutt Blanks.

Thank you, Eugene - these will make some awesome pens!

Edgar

Attachments

• BashBlanks.jpg
    BashBlanks.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like this thought Edgar. The vendors do not get thanked enough for their part in this. Even though I won both the Pen Box contest and the Pen Stand contest, I donated my winnings back to the Donation Pool of gifts. I hope someone uses them in good health and has some fun with them. Thanks for starting this thread Edgar. :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Tony, as we discussed, I'm amazed that you have received it because according to the tracking info, it was delivered back to me at lunchtime yesterday. :biggrin:
Check out the screenshot.....
I reckon this has got to be definitive proof that there hasn't been a moon landing yet.........:biggrin:

Attachments

• Item tracking history.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 307

jttheclockman

Tony, as we discussed, I'm amazed that you have received it because according to the tracking info, it was delivered back to me at lunchtime yesterday. :biggrin:
I reckon this has got to be definitive proof that there hasn't been a moon landing yet.........:biggrin:

Gee I knew you guys were ahead of us on time but months now that is amazing. How was the summer??? Into September already are you???

TonyL

I was more surprised than you were!
Steve, in the UK, dates are expressed day first, right?

I use some of the tools last night/early this am.

jttheclockman

I was more surprised than you were!
Steve, in the UK, dates are expressed day first, right?

I use some of the tools last night/early this am.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

Learn something every day. Does make more sense when you think of it.

Could go either way. Have to ponder that one all day today:biggrin::biggrin:

March 10th of 2017
10th day of March 2017

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
yes ......we do it properly in Ingerlandish.......:biggrin:

Numbers go NUMERICALLY here...... Day,Month, Year..... it ain't rocket science but you guys managed to **** it up for the rest of the world.....:rolleyes:

Probably about the same time you put steering wheels on the wrong side and called the boot a trunk and the bonnet a hood and called an engine a motor..... jeesh...:tongue: the list is endless. :wink:

I reckon y'all :rolleyes: did it just coz you were fed up with the folks from the motherland just sitting around all day drinking tea in Boston Harbour....

oh yeah.... you lost U too, except for you....:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Cwalker935

Numbers go NUMERICALLY here...... Day,Month, Year..... it ain't rocket science but you guys managed to **** it up for the rest of the world.....:rolleyes:

Probably about the same time you put steering wheels on the wrong side and called the boot a trunk and the bonnet a hood and called an engine a motor..... jeesh...:tongue: the list is endless. :wink:

I reckon y'all :rolleyes: did it just coz you were fed up with the folks from the motherland just sitting around all day drinking tea in Boston Harbour....

At least we do not call soccer football and what's up with the weird spellings; cheque, civilisation, etc. and weird names for stuff like loo or spanner?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
We call it football because the ball is predominantly moved by foot, you call it football but the ball is moved mostly by hand......

And you wear shoulder pads, hard hats and very tight shorts when you play.....:biggrin: You should try rugby......:cool:

Cwalker935

We call it football because the ball is predominantly moved by foot, you call it football but the ball is moved mostly by hand......

And you wear shoulder pads, hard hats and very tight shorts when you play.....:biggrin: You should try rugby......:cool:

I hear that rugby players have leather balls. Tried it once and left with a concussion.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yep, trying a rugby player's leather balls is not a good idea....you are likely to get a concussion.....:rolleyes:

jsolie

Now I'm going to go sit on the HOOD of my car and eat a bag of CHIPS and then maybe go get some FRIES. :biggrin:

CREID

At least we do not call soccer football and what's up with the weird spellings; cheque, civilisation, etc. and weird names for stuff like loo or spanner?
And we drive on the RIGHT side of the road.:biggrin:

southernclay

ab65857f438585f6b562a2172b065b1e.jpg
a71b0f9e9a3810241753ac6e7365216e.jpg

I got an awesome box of Walnut from Spanx! Several mill sized spindles, a big bowl blank and a couple of other chunks.

An awesome BOB from Karl_99 that included a walnut blank from a bridge cribbage built in 1878, as well as amboyna, one of Eugenes blanks and several other beautiful chunks of wood.

Also $25 to Turners Warehouse from Chad Schimmel that I blew through, thanks. Had for the order and fruit snacks!

A very blessed Bash! Thanks to all of the donors!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

chartle

I used my Lee Valley $50 GC from the Slimline Unlimited contest to buy a Tilt Box II Digital Inclinometer and some T tracks and fitting to make some jigs.

I was going to get a GRR ripper system but after I saw some YouTube videos figured I build my own hence the reason I bought the T track stuff.

Mr Vic

Donation Drawing Prize

I showed off this cache from "JohnU", that I won in the Donation Drawing, on a previous thread. But here it is and once again, a BIG THANK YOU! to John for the donation and also a BIG THANKS to all the other Organizers of the BASH.

Attachments

• JohnU-Goodies.jpg
    JohnU-Goodies.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 295

keithncsu

I got extremely lucky and won drawings in both the Daily Trivia and Puzzle Contests! $50 each to The Classic Nib and R & B Crafts. Thanks to those 2 companies and all the other Bash sponsors and organizers! This was my first Bash and it was quite the experience!

Dale Lynch

Came home to these after a long shorthanded day.Thank you Toni,you make one heck of a random drawing prize in the ballpoint contest.Thank you Alumilite for the generous gift certificate from the freestyle casting contest.I think I'll try to make a hybrid box or something with it.
DSCF4447.jpg

chartle

Better post for my Bash Winnings

Since my winnings were a Lee Valley GC I really couldn't show you anything until my order came in. Well here it is.

A Tilt Box and some jig fittings. Plan on doing some interesting segmenting that includes traditional inlay techniques. The jig stuff will help with turning my 10" table saw into something that can cut 1 mm thick strips into tiny strips.

Thanks to Lee Valley and everyone that "Got" my Unlimited SlimLine design.

Attachments

• bash.jpg
    bash.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 227

whp4

Geez, I feel like the kid who wakes up to discover he's slept through Christmas! Some nice looking loot there, now I need to go see what everyone did to win it all!

Top Bottom