Post about the cost of a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilasnd

I remember a post from a while ago, someone made an analogy of the cost of owning a handmade pen against a Bic.

I have searched, I have sorted, I have looked, and I have NOT found it.

Does anyone remember this? Give me a search term to look for?

I know HOW to search, I can't find WHAT to search for.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Is this the one you want? http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10210&SearchTerms=cost,bic

If so, it was in the archives, and if you didn't check the little check box in the search window, you would have missed it.

Daniel

Hey, that why we have people like Jim around here [:)]
I read and oof course I like the point it is making. not that I'm biased. but it does touch on one hurdle penturners need to be able to overcome when selling there pens. the person that won't buy a nice pen cause all there life they have been in the habot of loosing pens. one of my favorite responces to that is to point out that they are in the habot of treating a pen like it is worhtless, because they have used nearly worthless pens all there life. you would not treat fine pen the way you do a disposable pen. you don't leave it laying around. you don't loan it not concerned about wether it returns. yoooou tend to treat it like any other valuable item, you havve a place for it and often check to be sure it is there. loosing them is not usuallyt he problem it would seem it could be. in nearly 4 years my wife or I have yet to loose even one of my pens. my daughter has lost one and she thinks it was stolen. Even my son who was only 13 when I started making them has not lost. You simply don't toss them around to be lost. now stolen is anouther matter. and a custom pen is far more recognizable than the the average high priced pen.

dwilasnd

I am going to do my first show, and I want to have an 8.5x11 paper with the Bic vs. Euro argument. I want to show people that if your pen is as important as your car keys, you'll keep track of it as if they were. If your pen is a bic, you prolly start your car with a butter knife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom