Possible new wood market???????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chitswood

How many of you throw away your sawdust??
How about we compress it and fill cigars or something with it??[:p]

or how about we take a chunk of wood and insert some sort of chemical (if there is one) that makes the wood burn slow, then we drill a hole in the wood, turn a cigar shape and sell those as smoking pipes or something of that sort(you burn the actual piece of wood)???

Probably healthier than a cigarette and much better smelling:D[:p]

I was testing the olive wood in the microwave, set it on high and heated for one minute, after a minute, it had cracked and warped beyond recognition, it also smelled like a strong red wine!
The smell filled the whole house and brought everyon into the kitchen looking for some sort of gourmet meal.:D:D:D:D

For the 10 minutes that it sat in my hand and cooled off, it left an amazing smell to my satisfaction and it took alot of self control not to put that thing back in the microwave[:p][:p]

Thoughts? opninons? business partners???:D
It WAS an excellent smell, my whole family can attest to that, the blank was one of those 1x1x6 blanks I cut up the other day.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Someone on here made a pen from taking their colored sawdust and drowning it in CA glue- can't remember who, but hopefully they'll see this and post a link to their picture!

Dario

Darrick,

I did understood what you said (word for word) [;)]. It is a joke...i.e. you are hallucinating from sniffing the sawdust LOL [;)][:D][}:)].

Anyway, have you seen the Dakota burl at CSUSA? Basically same concept I think. Skye is right...almost like particle board but bigger particles. It can work you know..but not sure if it will be cost effective and if you can draw enough interest. I know I won't be interested [;)]

ilikewood

I've actually made a few blanks using Pink Ivory and Ebony turning shavings. I used an epoxy just as a test (didn't have a good acrylic available) and they really turned out neat. I just never had time to pursue the idea any farther.

Never tried smoking it. I figure that I would just be allergic to one of them and it would probably kill me.[xx(] Probably wouldn't pass the work drug test either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom