Possible Meeting July/August ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mchipser

Rick I am located in Temple.. I am fairly new to turning in general, i have only owned my lathe for about 2 weeks.. anytime you want to get together I am mostly free on the weekends..

Hoover015

CenTex Meeting

Rick,
It was good to see you again this morning in Salado. Sorry we did not get much time to talk. I will try to make the next meeting that you guys have but can't promise because of working on the weekends. There is someone that I think would really benefit from attending one of the meetings. I will keep them up to date on the possibility of a meeting.

Gary

flyitfast

Rick,
You know I want to make it. It is always appreciated when you host these Central Texas get togethers.
I have to vote for first part of August. I'll be gone the last two weekends of July to Arrowmont for a pen class. Hopefully I'll have something to share if we meet after July.
I'm sure I'll have folks from San Antonio joining me when we come up to your place.
Thanks for keeping this group alive!!
Gordon

MTViper

Just out of ignorance, what parts of Texas are covered by the label "Central Texas" and is there a group that includes west Texas or the DFW area? I'm out near Abilene and wondering if there is a group near me.

flyitfast

We have had folks from Wichita Falls, Houston, San Antonio and other places all join us at Central Texas meetings over time. This a pretty wide range of territory. Rick Beckham in Belton has been our gracious host for several times. We have also met in San Marcos in the past.
I used to live in Abilene before I started pen turning, so I don't know what you have available.
There is a Member Map at the top of this page and I see a couple of folks that live out your way in Clyde and Abilene. Maybe you all might carpool to Belton which is about 200 miles.
Anyway, if we get a meet set up, I hope you can join us.
Gordon

beck3906

When I sent out this thread, it looked like there was an opportunity for me to host something later this summer. However, based on phone calls the last couple of days and emails concerning my day job, it appears I won't have time to organize and prepare for something until January.

I would be happy to assist someone else organize something if there's someone able to host a meeting.

I will keep everyone updated as to a meeting in January.

beck3906

My other scheduling concern is that once we get into September, I begin fall show schedule so I don't expect to have free weekends until mid-December

flyitfast

Rick, sorry to hear of your schedule changes. You have always been gracious but personal responsibilities must take precedence.
I wish I had space to host something, but I am crowded when I'm alone in my shop :eek:
Thanks for trying - hopefully we can bring something together next year.
Gordon

Top Bottom