Possible Casting Opportunity?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

This is the remains of a snapping turtle shell I've had for years. I used the shell for a number of years in one of the enclosures for my Brazilian Rainbow Boa. After several years, the thin, dark-colored membrane covering the shell came off leaving just the bare bone which started to separate at the joints after a year or so. You can see in the closeup photo the tiny sharp points where the different plates fitted together like intricate puzzle pieces. I was thinking that this might make interesting material for making some pens when cast in acrylic. The yellow arrow is pointing at the piece I am holding in the photo to give you an idea of the size of the pieces. I suspect that the bone would even take dye quite nicely if someone wanted to add some color. The turtle shell was about 14 inches long so there is enough material here to cast several pens. I just thought it would make something very different and interesting if anyone is interested. I will ship it to the first person who responds. I'll even pay to ship in the U.S. All I ask in return is a single blank from this material. Please let me know if you're interested.

Attachments

• Turtle shell bone.JPG
    Turtle shell bone.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 242
Top Bottom