Portable work table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I have a Black&Decker Workmate 1000. I want another collapsable table....maybe a little lighter. Want to use it for small projects. Maybe sawing a 2x4's or using a mitre to cut blanks. Want to stay around $75-$150. What do you have. Thank you, Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

I had one of the B&D workmates, but I also had a 3 legged sawhorse that had a 2x10 for the top board. It was better and easier to set up and put away. I used 2x4 for legs and bracing and the 2x10 top was like a portable workbench. On one end I had a permanently mounted medium sized vise and a small anvil.

Lots of ideas and some plans for them on the WWW.

I eventually gave the B&D away.

dogcatcher

Charlie_W

I have the Keter and it works great.....quick and easy pop up and pack up...adjustable height too. I use it for my mini lathe at events.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Last edited:

magpens

Skip,

That looks like a great table at a great price of 54.99 incl VAT ! . They seem to be quite a bit more expensive in Canada. . Your price converted would be about $95 Cdn. . Amazon's price here is around $130 Cdn plus taxes and shipping. . If anybody in Canada knows where to get it cheaper, I'd like to know please.

There seems to be some bracing between the work surface and the shelf ... does that get in the way ?

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Skip,

There seems to be some bracing between the work surface and the shelf ... does that get in the way ?

Mal, the bracing gives it it's amazing load capacity, but I have actually have stood on it with the braces flat....I'm 100kg.:biggrin:
But it doesn't worry me when they are up.

WriteON

Thanks everyone. I ordered the Keter from Amazon(and that is scary considering they are the number one worst for packaging).

Last edited:

WriteON

Check out the work table that Worx carries. I have two of them and use them a lot. $99.00. They have a cheaper table also, just not as nice.
https://www.worx.com/pegasus-work-table-sawhorse-wx051.html

Seven

I gave this a lot of thought. Interesting that the Worx & Keter are both 5 stars. I had to flip a coin. I like the Keter more as for how the legs are tucked in when folded up. If I have to carry up/down the steps nothing is protruding. It will stay in the garage against the wall and go to the basement as needed.
However if I decide to buy another because I do not want to carry it down steps I might by the Worx and leave it where I need it. The less I lift the better these days.

Last edited:

WriteON

The Keter is a great table and priced right. Nothing negative about but I have a few small nit-picks on my end. I'm giving it to my nephew. I ordered the Worx. Will follow up.

WriteON

Got the Worx today. Far superior as to unfolding/folding. Clamps easier to access and store. No finger pinching.... got plenty on the Keter. I like the small recessed trays and the small bench clamps. It is worth the price difference to me. Once again the Keter is a quality table but the Worx is a cut above.

Top Bottom