Porch Pirates

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Sorry...his shop is too clean. Too organized. Hard to watch. I'd like to leave a package with a Fly Paper exterior.

We don't get packages delivered to my house. USPS, UPS etc. won't deliver I'm so far out. If I have any "porch pirates" it would probably be a bear and in that case I have a Ruger 44mag to take care of it. Never have had to use it though. But I do like what this guy's done.

Woodchipper

They are just doing their Christmas shopping early. If a person gets the glitter in their eyes, the next person on the porch will be a court officer delivering the court summons for a lawsuit. Why not just advertise that you have a camera viewing the front porch? Sort of like the signs for alarm companies.

NT_2112

I live in the city. Just this morning someone walked up my driveway and tried to open my car doors. Fortunately they were locked.

Called, but the police can't really do much about it. But at least I got it on my security cameras so I can let my neighbors know who to look out for.

Couple of years ago we caught a porch pirate the same way. The post office will send an agent out if you tell them you have video of someone stealing mail/packages. They caught the guy later that week.

If you don't have a home security camera system, I highly recommend one. Costco has some great deals on 5MP and 4K systems, as well as some of the other major warehouse chains. They are pretty easy to setup.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.46.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 8.46.17 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 147

Woodchipper

I live in the city. Just this morning someone walked up my driveway and tried to open my car doors. Fortunately they were locked.

Called, but the police can't really do much about it. But at least I got it on my security cameras so I can let my neighbors know who to look out for.
No fingerprints on the doors? We had a break-in in March, 1970. Stole 12 guns, my grandfather's coin collection and cuff links with "John." They tried to jimmy a window but broke the lock on the sliding glass door (don't recommend them). Sheriff's deputy came out twice. Never bothered to dust for fingerprints! Recently, our neighborhood had several cars broken into. Left the neighbor's truck door open. Only time he failed to lock it. But, locks are for honest people. They did catch the two thieves.

They are just doing their Christmas shopping early. If a person gets the glitter in their eyes, the next person on the porch will be a court officer delivering the court summons for a lawsuit. Why not just advertise that you have a camera viewing the front porch? Sort of like the signs for alarm companies.

Good point and the worst part about it is they would probably not only get your money but wouldn't do any time for stealing. Nothing worse than a thief!!! Where I was stationed overseas thieves got their clean hand cut off. You didn't see a lot of one handed people walking around and you never saw a no hands person. I guess they learned after their first time.

Top Bottom