Poor Luna found it's death...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Yes, that's right we lost our young cat Luna on Friday evening at about 6:30pm.
She was now about 18 months old as she was about 1 year old when we got her, she was an inside cat for a little while but I felt that she needed to enjoy the yard, the sunshine, the grass, the trees and everything else free animals can enjoy and in no time she would be at the door calling to go outside from early in the morning, coming back inside every couple of hours for a drink and a snack.

I worried from day one about her jumping the fence with a road just a few meters from the main gate so I first used long strings attached to her collar, then I purchase a 4-meter mesh tunnel to put over the grass half in the shade but she didn't like that so, I would stay outside watching her for a couple of hours and then bring her inside but after a few weeks doing that, she didn't show any interest in jumping over the fence even when other young cats that live around here visit the yard, she would chase them but never jumped the fence, her preferred place to be was under the house.

She became a sweetheart even though quite independent but very inquisitive and that may have been what made her jump the fence on Friday and endup being run over by a car, we don't know exactly what happened but I was in the workshop and I got a call, on the phone was a young lady identifying herself as the area search and rescue for RSPCA, someone has posted on the town Facebook page that she just drove on the Slater Ave. and saw a black cat with a bright pink collar deceased on the side of the road so this young lady tells me that she has just scanned a black cat in front of lot 50 on Slater Ave that is deceased.

My heart felt to my feet, I had just been interacting with Luna 1 hour prior when she visited me at the workshop so, I started walking towards the front gate looking to see if I would see Luna but when I got close to the gate, I saw this white ute parked just a few meters from the front gate and in front of the ute there was Luna on the roadside gutter. I picked her up and she was very warm, no signs of blood or of any broken body from being under a vehicle wheel, my next painful thing to do was walk home with Luna in my harms and let Merissa know that he had lost Luna, a very sad moment indeed.

Luna had a chip and that's how scanning her provided the contact number but not the address, this young girl had no idea that Luna was laying dead 3 meters away was Luna's house/yard, she advised me that she would contact RSPCA and notify them of Luna's passing.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PBorowick

I'm very sorry about your loss. Animals tend to sneak into our hearts and find that special spot.
I have one cat (we lost his sister last year) and two dogs that keep me company when my girls are not home with me.
They are great companions even when we don't realize it.

howsitwork

George

very sorry to hear that news. Sadly been there myself and all you can reflect on is they had a good life with you and were loved.

My wife has a sweatshirt that says it all " second hand animals make first class pets" althoug( I would substitute friends for pets.

Ian

PenPal

Really felt your loss. I live next to one hell of a busy road and found my favourite cat run over as I left home one night,devastated us. From then on our cats (we have had up to nine together) down to two now live entirely in a constructed verandah on the house or inside. They are brothers and large cats. At night one just removed from my bed at 1am gave him an extra fuss with you in mind.Our sympathies.

Kind regards Peter.

robutacion

Thanks guys.

We have just come home from taking Luna to the Vet so that she can be cremated and have the ashes sent back to us, she will be part of the group of our deceased pets.

This year has been particularly tough on us when it comes to losing pets, it hurts and always will.

Cheers
George

pshrynk

Sorry for your loss, George. We once had a cat who was not going to be held indoors for any reason. She was a black cat, as well and I found her one November 1st in the middle of the road. Her reflective collar was still on her, so so arse hat decided Halloween was a great time to run down a black cat. We were able to confine her brother, since he was way more laid back and lazy. You never really get over the losses of pets.

robutacion

Until you are ready to consider another, you might volunteer or even just visit occasionally a cat shelter. Worked for me.
G'day Don,
As much as we can miss a lost pet, we believe that the best way to deal with the pain, thoughts, emotions and missing interaction is to get another pet sooner rather than later, there never will be "replacements" each animal it's unique in his/her own way so, we went yesterday afternoon to the local RSPAC shelter and we (Merissa) selected another pussycat from the many available, we came home with another female young cat, she is 1 year old and her name is Gina.

She is very calm and certainly, a person cat, when we came home Merissa needed to lay-down and GinaI just rolled herself into Merissa's harm and both had a good snooze, I just took a couple of pics of Gina, she has been with me for this last hour or so, she seems to love that spot.

As for the interaction between Gina and Mia the female little dog, Mia seems to be a little afraid of Mia, about 2' is how close she allows Mia to get to her, she hisses and for every attempt, Mia done to get even closer to was knocked back with a right-hand smack, twice so far but they will get friends, it will take a little longer.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 113

donstephan

All shelter cats and kittens should be as lucky as Gina. I agree with you but when we lost a cat my wife needed several months. In the interim I visited the local cat rescues several times for a pick-me-up. During adoption week at one I even helped a couple choose their new cat, which was a treat.

robutacion

All shelter cats and kittens should be as lucky as Gina. I agree with you but when we lost a cat my wife needed several months. In the interim I visited the local cat rescues several times for a pick-me-up. During adoption week at one I even helped a couple choose their new cat, which was a treat.
I understand perfectly that some people do require some time to consider another pet after a pet passing, some never will adopt another pet ever again and I really feel sorry for those people as they are missing out on something very special which is the interaction and affection pets are capable of giving.

Ideally, all shelter animals should get their own home and family, unfortunately, there are animals that pass through shelters that are very anti-social and all-out dangerous, we know that something or someone has done something to those animals to make them the way they now are, some animals recover but others don't and that's a reality.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom