Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PensofColor

Julie...when we started, all we made was polymer clay pens. That's how we got our name, Pens of Color, because of the limitless colors available with polymer clay.

Michaels Arts and Crafts is a great place to get the clay...we used the Sculpey III, but I have heard that the FIMO is good too. We mostly made the Slimlines because our yield was about 50%, and we didn't want to use the bigger kits until we improved on that.

Then, we discovered wood and all the other materials available, and got away from the clay. One day, we may go back.

Sheila
Pens of Color

PS..Here are some of the pens we did in the polymer clay.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20042262403_pc1.jpg
<br /> 45.3&nbsp;KB

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200422624018_pc2.jpg
<br /> 49.61&nbsp;KB

pen-turners

I still find polymer clay to be an excellent accent material!! It will put any color accent band you want on your pen. After turning to near diameter, just cut the grooves in your pen using a parting tool then take it off the lathe before polishing. then I press the clay into the accent grooves and bake it and put it on the lathe and finish it off. Works great for people that want a special color as an accent band on their pens and is alot easier than laminating!!!

Chris

YoYoSpin

There are two really good books on Polymer Clay available...mainly for jewelry makers (no lathe turning), but still a good way to get introduced to the art-form.

“The Art of Polymer Clay†by Donna Kato, available at Barnes & Noble for $19.96

“Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay†by Irene Semanchuk Dean, available at Barnes & Noble for $22.36

BTW, here's the pen that will be featured in the June Woodturning Design magazine how-to article:

76.jpg

best regards,
Ed D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom