Polymer Clay Pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

I have looked at some of "Toni's" and other peoples Polymer blanks and I really like them. My wife plays with PC and we have had numerous discussions about how these are made.
Eventually I took the bull by the horns and had a go. Betty supervised the construction of the "Canes" and I did all the slicing and applying.
These blanks are straight out of the oven and have not been trimmed in any way, as is plainly visible.
The pair are for Slimline or similar, and the matching blue is for a Sierra, as is the pretty pink one.
Girls and Boys both catered for.
These are absolutely first attempts and I would love to get some feedback from all you experts.

Thanks and I hope you like them.

Bob.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 462
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 747
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 717
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 804
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

Pretty slick Bob, keep up the good work! Let's see some more of you collaberations with your other half.

Looks great Bob!! I'm trying to get my wife to make these for me as well. She is very crafty (in a good way :biggrin:) and I know that she can do them. I went out and got her what she needed so hopefully she will get started. Can wait to see them turned!

tommy2tone

I really like those. Did you have a pattern to go by? Like Navycop said, I seen examples how to do the basic canes. Would like some guidence on more elaborate designs.

Bob Wemm

I really like those. Did you have a pattern to go by? Like Navycop said, I seen examples how to do the basic canes. Would like some guidence on more elaborate designs.

Jeff,
The pattern idea came from Toni's work, and others, just a simple flower design cane for the pink one and a square "jelly roll" for the blue/black.
There are heaps of really good books on how to make the fancy designs.

Bob.

lyonsacc

Hey Bob,

Those look really good. My daughter and I have made a couple poly clay pens. We keep struggling with the blanks being kind of lumpy after the are cooked. I think my slices have not been flat and consistent.

Very nice blanks!

Dave

randyrls

Jeff,
The pattern idea came from Toni's work, and others, just a simple flower design cane for the pink one and a square "jelly roll" for the blue/black.
There are heaps of really good books on how to make the fancy designs.

Bob.

Also check YouTube. Some of the designs are basic, but some are very intense!

edstreet

Question :)

Why go all that route when you can free form and tap into your creative side and not get hindered and bogged down with trying to be someone/something else?

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
You have done s nice job here.

Did you make the cane yourself? (If so) Where can one find directions on how to make your own cane? I just by chance made my first Polymer Blanks yesterday myself. I just made a couple using the basic directions Toni put up on our site here.

ttm7

what tweaked my interest was bob wemm's post saying:
"There are heaps of really good books on how to make the fancy designs"
google has not been my friend here, i may be asking the wrong question!
have looked over toni's tutorial good start thanks.
for me its the how did you do that that gets me!
thanks edstreet

Smokey7385

jyreene

Question :)

Why go all that route when you can free form and tap into your creative side and not get hindered and bogged down with trying to be someone/something else?

Answer, you have to start somewhere. I've started these myself and have based initial attempts on others' designs just to see how things work and if my final product resembles theirs. This is just to see what can and will go wrong when first working with a new material.

Joshua_30

I love working with clay as well, it's a bit of a learning curve and measurements. But then again, you can hand mix a few color have have an amazing blank in no time. Great work!

Top Bottom