Polymer Clay Centerband #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wmcullen

Wmcullen

Slimline pen is morado with a centerband made of hard maple and polymer clay.
a3.jpg

a1.jpg

Thanks for looking
- Cullen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

You considered doing custom cabochons as well, for the pen caps? That would be interesting, to have a coordinated band and cab.

Wmcullen

You considered doing custom cabochons as well, for the pen caps?
You mean like a finial? Ooooo. I need to think about that. The current end caps in the slimlines kits I use fit snuggly. How would I cut a hole to add in matching clay? Could I effectively epoxy it into place? These are some fun questions to ponder. I'm so glad I don't have to figure it out on my own. All I need to do is search this wonderful site for answers and ideas. I appreciate your suggestion!

jrista

You mean like a finial? Ooooo. I need to think about that. The current end caps in the slimlines kits I use fit snuggly. How would I cut a hole to add in matching clay? Could I effectively epoxy it into place? These are some fun questions to ponder. I'm so glad I don't have to figure it out on my own. All I need to do is search this wonderful site for answers and ideas. I appreciate your suggestion!
Oh, didn't realize it was a slimline. I guess I was thinking about some of the bigger ballpoint or rollerballs, that often have a cabochon inside the top of the finial. I guess, you might be able to do something with the slimline finials if you did some modification...

Something I have, is these....I forget what they are called, Roman Harvest "blingless" kits. They don't have center bands or cabs, and they are designed for you to turn your own. I'm thinking something like this polymer clay, or maybe milliput, might be an interesting way to create the bands and cabs. I am pretty sure you can still get blingless replacement parts for the Roman Harvest kits:

Would be an interesting application of this technique you are developing. I know that there are a number of other kits, where the detail in the center band, and the cabochon in the finial, can be removed, and replaced with something else...so, I think there are a number of ways you could apply polymer clay/milliput like this.

Top Bottom