Trade Polygonal Twist Jig for Router Table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

Polygonal Twist Jig used on a Router Table
polyjig2.jpg

I made five extra sets of the plastic jig components (the parts in blue) to share.

They're not for sale but I will entertain a swap: perhaps in exchange for exotic wood blanks or segmenting and inlay materials. Make me an offer... but the goal is to get the jig parts to folks who want to use them... so making a donation to a charity could also be a trade I'd make.

I am also posting the 3d geometry file for anyone who wants to print it themself.

If you want more information about what this is and how I've been using it, here are some recent posts:
21: Coffee Ground Spiral
20: Polygonal Facets
19: Facets with a Twist

As always, these jigs are provided as-is and used at your own risk.

Details:
Important- This is not the complete jig
, just the 3D printed pieces. Some assembly and additional parts are required.
International inquiries fine.
If you're interested, please PM me. I'll post here when the jigs are gone. Thanks!!

polyassembleJig.jpg

Assembly
From right to left, I assemble the parts in this order:
washer/handle/cylinder/spacers/nut/more spacers/wood/spacers/washer/nut/spiral and polygon/washer/nut/nut.
polyjig2.jpg

Hints:
- I recommend using stop blocks (in red above) to brace against.
- Tighten nuts often to avoid having the wood "travel" as it goes through the router.
- Take every precaution to ensure the router bit will only cut what it is supposed to cut.
- Number polygon sides with a sharpie marker to track which sides you've already cut.
- (Optional) Unless using the octagon, tape the cylinder spacer between the cylinder and the back fence to keep the jig about parallel with the fence.
circlegeom.jpg

These parts are printed plastic and may not last if damaged.
The jig is provided as-is and is used at your own risk.

Attachments

• polyassembleJig.jpg
    polyassembleJig.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 158
  • post21.010.jpg
    post21.010.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 145
  • polyjig.jpg
    polyjig.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 146
  • FacetTwistSetTight.zip
    362.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

civilwartalk

I'm interested! I was just looking this over yesterday and trying to figure out how to fabricate the parts without a 3d printer. I can probably work on a trade with you!

I would love to take you up on this generous offer William. I've recently been experimenting with hexagonal bodies and it would be really interesting to add your amazing jig to my tool arsenal. I have my craft knife hardware kits, a lot of thin offcuts and some other materials you might be interested in for a trade.

Photo_1614873541296.jpg

Wmcullen

All gone. ;)
Thanks for the enthusiastic (and generous) responses. All the extra jig parts I made have been claimed.
Again. the 3d file is attached to this post for anyone who is able to make use of it.
Best,
Cullen

Top Bottom