Poly Clay Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We are happy to announce that This year we will have a contest just for Polymer Clay pens.
THe contest will be run by CREID (Curt Reid)
Read over the rules and post any suggestions or questions you may have.

2017 Poly Clay contest

Poly Clay contest
Email entries to Polyclay@penturners.org Please include your IAP member Id, real Name and address with your entry.
This contest is for blanks made from Polymer Clay.
This contest is open to everyone.
This contest conforms to the Universal Contest Rules, unless otherwise specified in the following rules for this contest.
1. The blanks for this contest are to be made with Polymer Clay only. There may be a finish over the polymer clay.
2. All blanks must be made into a pen (this is a penturners forum), there is no restriction on the type of pen, ballpoint, rollerball, fountain, kit or kitless. (you can only enter your pen in one contest)

3. The blanks and the pen made from the blank for this contest are to be made solely by the person entering the contest (with the exception that you may used purchased canes, but you must state in the description if you purchased the canes and where you purchased them from).

4. No use of CNC or Laser or your submission will be disqualified
5. The blanks must not be or have been shown anywhere on the IAP or anywhere else before the end of this contest or your submission will be disqualified.
6. You must submit two photos of the finished pen (do not put your name on the photo), having your name on a photo will have your entry returned to you for resubmission if there is enough time or if not enough time your submission will be disqualified. Remember that these photos are to show off the blank, so make sure your pen and photos shows off your blank.

7. Included with the pictures of your pen, you need to also submit a description of your blank that shows what kind of work went into the making of the blank, If you purchased the canes and if so where did you purchase them, without saying something that will give away who you are. Please remember to not put your name or your business name on the photos. Keep this limited to 200 words or less.

8. You must follow all the rules in the Universal Contest Rules that are not covered in the rules above.

9. All entries must be submitted emailing to this address Polyclay@penturners.org.
10. All entries must be submitted by Feb. 20th at Midnight.
Judging for this contest will be by a vote of the members of the IAP, following the rules concerning voting in the Universal Contest Rules.

THe contest will open on Feb 1st and close on Feb 20th at Midnight.
Prizes
1st place - A gift certificate for $100 from Suffolk Machinery
2nd place - A gift certificate for $50 from rherrell
3rd place - A gift certificate for $25 from Turners Warehouse

All rules are subject to change for clarification or safety.
Please be creative and have a good time making your blanks and pens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Way to go Curt. Lay the law down.
smiley_police.jpg

CREID

Actually, I was the Sheriff last year too. It's a lonely job, but some sucker has to do it.:biggrin:

Dale Allen

OK, I only ask because there is a big difference between casting a clay bank and turning down the resin as apposed to turning the clay down to a uniform surface. The result is nearly the same but the method is quite different and more difficult.

CREID

It was decided last year that it would not do anything to the blank that a CA or lacquer coating or some other coating would. Let's just leave it at that.

CREID

I want to make sure I have all your entries.
So If you haven't recieved an email reply from me, PM me so we can make sure I have your entry.

Thanks

Say… I have TONS of pens that I'd love to pick from… but. Do they have to be turned on a lathe? Just got one but never used it yet. My pen barrels are rolled.
If that doesn't disqualify me I'd love to enter.

CREID

Say… I have TONS of pens that I'd love to pick from… but. Do they have to be turned on a lathe? Just got one but never used it yet. My pen barrels are rolled.
If that doesn't disqualify me I'd love to enter.
Go ahead and enter, just follow the rules for the entry and submit using the email address in the contest rules. Remember, the pen or barrel cannot have been posted anywhere before and until the contest is over. And it must be entered by Feb 20th before midnight.

CREID

The WINNERS of the POLYCLAY CONTEST are.

In first place: CreativeCanes

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Second Place: RBcarving
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Third Place: Mike8850

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Congratulations to the winners. And to all the participants Well Done! All the entries were great!

CREID

They are their on the post. They arent links they are the pics themselves, I don't know why they won't show.

CreativeCanes

Thank you all so much!
Being new to the pen making side of things I am honored that you voted for my pen.
Much appreciated all. <3 <3 <3
Congrats and well done to all who entered.
Thank you Curt for holding this comp.

CREID

Thank you all so much!
Being new to the pen making side of things I am honored that you voted for my pen.
Much appreciated all. <3 <3 <3
Congrats and well done to all who entered.
Thank you Curt for holding this comp.
Thank you Melanie, yours and all the others were a pleasure for me to be the first one to see, that is the one real perk for running a contest. Congratulations and I hope to see a lot more of your work in the future. And of all the other Polyclay makers too.

jttheclockman

That works we can see the winners. Congrats to all. See you all back here next year. This is one field I admire but will never touch. Good luck to all as you progress with your creations.

RBcarving

Thanks everyone for the votes, and congrats to the others. Also a thanks to all those who donated prizes, entered the contest & voted. IAP is a great place !

Top Bottom