Polar Bear Acrylic Satin Pearl Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I have been wanting to make myself a white pen for some time. I even bought some Holly . But when I was over at Woodcraft and they had a sale on acrylics for $2.92@ I picked up one called "Snow". I had ordered some Satin Pearl Cigar kits from WoodNWhimsies to try them out. I figured that it would resemble a Polar Bear with three points of black on all white. And I kinds think that's how it looks!

Finish is wet sanding 220-1200 with MM-12000 all grits. Then Meguiar's Scratch X2.0 and PlastX Polish. Ren wax keeps the fingerprints at bay.

White is VERY hard to photograph so the quality is not 100% on the PIX. Some detail of the subtle color variations in the blank... the opalesence has been lost. So fill it in with your imagination!
scimg5388.jpg

scimg5389.jpg

scimg5390.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PS... I had some better PIX of the detail against my kitchen table top as background but it turned the Satin Pearl nib maple color so I 86'ed those PIX. Oh yes... naturally there is a white tube in there!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

The White looks great.

I have an order on the way. I included four Snow blanks. Thanks for posting the pix.

Bree

Beautiful.

I'd be curious on how long the finish of the kit will last.

It's like that Mr Miagi said to the Karate Kid when Miagi chopped some bottles in half with his hand. The kid asked, "How did you do that?" He said, "Don't know, First Time!"

Time will tell on the Satin Pearl kits.
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom