PM'S

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

How do we PM and can the PM notice be tied into email like the old site?? I see where it says start conversation. Is this really a private conversation of can anyone see it if they clicked on my name or anyones name?? I belong to a site where this is possible and you have to be careful if sending a true PM They have a feature where you could talk to someone one on one and others can see it and if they choose they can join in. Trying to figure out the PM thing and the wording used in this format.

Just was in control panel and found another question which can help about the email alert. They use a square box here instead of the X or dot, If you click on a small box and it now gets larger and the edges get darker does that mean whatever is attached to that box is now activated??

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Conversation == PM and Conversations are private.
You can receive email notification of receipt of a conversation reply by ticking the box in your Account Preferences

There has to be an X in the box.

jttheclockman

Jeff there are no check marks. All I see if not activated it is a small box. If activated it becomes a larger dark black outlined box. I think I turned on the email alert so if you would be kind enough to send me an email I can see if I see it in my email. I know I see it on the site in the blue banner. Thanks.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff there are no check marks. All I see if not activated it is a small box. If activated it becomes a larger dark black outlined box. I think I turned on the email alert so if you would be kind enough to send me an email I can see if I see it in my email. I know I see it on the site in the blue banner. Thanks.

So as I recall, you're running Internet Explorer on Win XP? It's very possible that your browser doesn't support the current technology allowing you to see the checkmarks.

Your preferences were not set to receive and email when someone initiates or replies to a conversation. I turned that on for you. I'll test it now.

jttheclockman

Now I am confused again. I thought I turned it on. So what you are saying you turned it on and now it shows me a small empty box. So if a function is on then the small box is the indicator and not the large Dark outlined box. I answered your email before I read this post so disregard that observation. With the old system I did have check marks but in this I do not.

Top Bottom