Plywood question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from zombie7986

zombie7986

im looking to make some plywood and trying to find the raw materials. i got some friends that want me to make them some longboard skateboards. Ive used 11 ply from the hardware store and it worked good (for flat designs). the board will end up being somewhat straight but will be dished on the sides the length of the board about 1/2" (no tails like regular boards). ive found the materials on skateboard sites but it is ridiculously priced. im looking for something about 1/17" x 8"ish x 48"ish.

also i remember awhile ago someone posting plywood that had bright colors on every other layer. im not sure if they made it or if it was purchased. i think it was on yoyo's maybe?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
You seem to have a mix of questions wrapped up in your query

Like others have mentioned:
The bright colored plywood is Dymondwood
You can make your own in theory, but to get the strength of cross grained ply, it could be more trouble than it is worth.
If it does not need to be bright colored ply, you could use Baltic Birch, that is a much higher grade plywood available at Woodcraft 3/4" thick in 48" lengths. Folks make nice segmented turnings from it.

gbpens

You can order custom patterns in dymondwood directly from Rutland Plywood. The minimum order is a full sheet which is 5/8" X 18" X 30".

Top Bottom