Pluma fuente de resina epoxy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juampere2

Hola a todos.
Estoy tratando de aprender a realizar plumas y bolígrafos sin kit.
He hecho varias pruebas con resina de poliester y con resina epoxi.
La resina de poliester se astilla cuando se fabrican partes con muy poca pared,
La epoxi va mejor, pero hay veces que se deforma.
Aqui es dificil conseguir algo que no sea resina de poliester o epoxi, la Alumilita no la hay y pedirla es sumamente caro.
Mi pregunta es si es valida la resina epoxi para esta actividad?
Gracias por su atención, un saludo. (He escrito en mi idioma, si no es correcto puedo traducirlo y pegarlo)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to learn how to make pens and pens without a kit.
I have done several tests with polyester resin and epoxy resin.
Polyester resin splinters when making parts with very little wall,
Epoxy works better, but there are times when it warps.
Here it is difficult to get something that is not polyester or epoxy resin, there is no Alumilite and asking for it is extremely expensive.
My question is if the epoxy resin is valid for this activity?
Thank you for your attention, greetings. (I have written in my language, if it is not correct I can translate and paste it)

Hippie3180

I may be wrong but I think polyester and epoxy can be turned, but are more brittle. I think you probably need very sharp tools or perhaps carbide to turn it.

Curly

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you begin with stock or pre-made pen blanks until you work out the pen making and then work with blanks you make from epoxies. Doing both when learning makes things harder.

I don't know of blank suppliers in Spain but you could ask https://www.fpnibs.com when they get back from holidays. They may know of some. Otherwise you are left with bringing in material from England or other parts of Europe. Regular Acrylics are an inexpensive place to start and ebonite makes good pens.

Bienvenido al foro.

Le sugiero que comience con espacios en blanco para bolígrafos en stock o prefabricados hasta que descubra la fabricación de bolígrafos y luego trabaje con espacios en blanco que haga con epoxis. Hacer ambas cosas cuando aprender hace las cosas más difíciles.

No conozco proveedores de blancos en España pero podrías preguntar a https://www.fpnibs.com cuando vuelvan de vacaciones. Ellos pueden saber de algunos. De lo contrario, te quedas con traer material de Inglaterra u otras partes de Europa. Los acrílicos regulares son un lugar económico para comenzar y la ebonita es un buen bolígrafo.

Bienvenido al foro.

juampere2

Gracias a todos de antemano por las respuestas.
Tengo un juego de herramientas que tienen insertos de carburo, los usaré, y tengo como cuatro "blancos" que compré como ebonita negra, voy a intentar hacer una estilográfica con ellos a ver qué tal.
He hecho varios bolígrafos y una pluma de resina epoxi y poliéster, pero no estoy muy orgulloso de ellos.
En cuanto a mi experiencia, nunca pensé en hacer cosas de madera y mucho menos con un torno, ya que siempre me dediqué a reparar equipos de video y sonido. Desde que me jubilé hace tres años hago cosas de madera en el torno y ahora trato de hacer bolígrafos, bolígrafos y lo que sea, pero siempre sin Kit. Gracias de nuevo y un saludo.

fnfalguy

For those of us following the thread

Thank you all in advance for the responses.
I have a set of tools that have carbide inserts, I'm going to use them, and I have like four "blanks" that I bought like black ebonite, I'm going to try to make a fountain pen out of them and see how it goes.
I've made several pens and a feather from epoxy and polyester resin, but I'm not very proud of them.
Regarding my experience, I never thought about making things out of wood, much less with a lathe, since I have always dedicated myself to repairing video and sound equipment. Since I retired three years ago I have been making wood things on the lathe and now I try to make pens, pens and whatever, but always without Kit. Thanks again and best regards.

Top Bottom