PLUG for a MUG-MISSED IT!!~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by LEAP

It's been over 24 hours and no shameless activity, I'm disappointed.

Just keep repeating - it's a family forum ... it's a family forum ...
it's a family forum ... it's a family forum ... it's a family forum

Man the opening you are leaving this wicked mind of mine.....

[}:)][}:)]:D[}:)] Mrs.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by ed4copies

The IAP is running smoothly and our fearless leader, Jeff, is content with our efforts to help him finance it.

HOWEVER, he once said there was no way to get one of the prestigious IAP mugs unless HE decided to GIVE it to you. He has, generously, given me one (eat your hearts out!!)

NOW, he has changed his policy - It's nice to be KING.

EVERYONE can be enjoying their coffee in an IAP mug, with a simple donation to the IAP!!!

<center>NOVEL CONCEPT</center>

OK, you wouldn't have been sure it was me, if I didn't use a LITTLE color!

But, Jeff is a bashful sort, so the topic is locked and will NEVER come to your attention if, like me, you use the "Active topics" to determine what you will view.

So, to give it more attention:

<center>GO HERE:</center>http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31661

<center>MAKE A $50 DONATION</center>

<center>GET A MUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</center>

Now, everybody comment so we keep this in the "active topics" all month!!!

<center>THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!</center>
Just wanted to remind everyone how this topic got started...

<center>Do I need to copy the PHOTO? Or can we make some more DONATIONS??</center>

[:X] Mrs.

IPD_Mrs

200813212729_2mugsIAP.jpg

Make your donations today and be entered to win an IAP mug (no you don't have to take the "other" MUG too!!! Count your blessings. $50 enters you to have your name in the drawing for one of many GREAT prizes and gets you one of these FANTASTIC mugs. $25 dollar donations enters you into the drawing for the prizes listed at the beginning of this topic. These are REALLY superb prizes Folks. Don't let this get by without making your donations! All funds go to help keep IAP up and running all year long.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted 3 more items tonight in the donation drawing. Two beautiful lots of blanks, and two silicone casting molds.

Odds of winning are still excellent, with only about 65 entries so far!

Scott

We have been adding new prizes to the Donation Drawing almost constantly! You have got to go see the newest ones - they are great! And none of them have Ed's picture on them!!! :D

Scott.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by jeff

I just posted 3 more items tonight in the donation drawing. Two beautiful lots of blanks, and two silicone casting molds.

Odds of winning are still excellent, with only about 65 entries so far!

and also quoted by Scott...
We have been adding new prizes to the Donation Drawing almost constantly! You have got to go see the newest ones - they are great! And none of them have Ed's picture on them!!!

Scott.

Thank goodness there are none with Ed's photo! We may love him but we all have our limits!!

Ok Folks. Do you SEE this??? We are continuing to get more prizes for the drawing and they REALLY are fantastic!!! For a small donation you get your name put in the list ($25) and stand a pretty good chance of winning one of these great gifts. If you want to get an IAP mug in addition to the odds of winning make that donation $50 and Jeff will send an IAP mug your way (one without Ed's photo!) This is a small amount to help keep IAP up and running in such high form, not to mention showing Jeff a little appreciation for all of his hard work (it helps him keep the place going guys!)

Make those donations soon. We are a little over 1/2 way through the month :)

GoodTurns

Bump with a bonus....

1st "new turner" to make a $50 donation will not only get Jeff's mug
but also gets this donor box

2008117224352_donor%20box.jpg

donor box

I would like this BIG Flat Rate box (the $8.95 one) to go to someone who hasn't tried out a lot of wood types...I stopped counting, but there are about 100-125 blanks in the box, all types of wood to try out.

When you make your donation, ask Jeff to e-mail me your name and address and the box is yours!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the "kicker" Jon!!

If the page turns, please post the pic again - someone- and I will change the page on the title, so the viewer sees it at the top, instead of so far down the page.

Thanks

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by bruce119

Donation made I feel better

:D:D:D

Hope you got the prize Bruce.

Everyone can feel better AND get your name in the drawing for GREAT prizes and a sweet looking IAP mug with one $50 donation to IAP. For a $25 donation you get your name in the drawing for the wonderful prizes listed at the front of this thread. Why donate you ask? These donations go to help keep IAP up and running all year long. Where else can you spend $25 - $50 and glean as much useful information as you can get here at IAP? If that doesn't entice you then ask yourself where else you can spend that small amount of money and have as much fun with your friends all year long? It isn't a lot but you get so much for it! Make your donations soon by going to the top of any page and clicking on the "Paypal Donate" button.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Jarheaded

Those of us that have made a donation should get a little something special......like maybe blocking that picture from our screens....:D [}:)]

I like the way you think Jarhead. Maybe I'll make you my "Hero of the Hour on IAP." We'll just make it a new thread and everyone who comes up with a really GREAT idea like this gets a chance to win!!

Keep em coming!

Ps. Where is Ed. He hasn't been fighting back much.... more fun when he does though!

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Ps. Where is Ed. He hasn't been fighting back much.... more fun when he does though!

You know, Ed has really taken a beating over this whole 'mug' thing, and all he was trying to do was promote the site.

I feel bad because it takes a lot of courage to post your actual face on the Internet, and it looks like he combed his hair and everything for the mug shot; I just know that he's hurting inside for the ridicule and notoriety that his initial post has brought him, when all he was trying to do is help the site.

I think you all need to re-evaluate just how much ribbing one man can take, and given the lack of response on Ed's part with regard to this 'mug shot' that you all seem to have so much fun with, it might just tell you all that he's actually hurt by all the negative comments, and I implore you to rethink your posts and consider this man's feelings.

Get real, people! No one likes to hear the horrible and hurtful comments that you've posted about his appearance, even when it's in fun. When I look into his eyes, in that infamous picture that he posted, I see more than just the guy that you all are goofing so hard about. I see a caring, sensitive man who appreciates the gift of belonging that this community has given him, I see warmth and life and love, and those of you that have posted such horrific and belittling comments should reconsider your impact on one man's psyche based on something so gut-wrenchingly honest and forthcoming.

When I look at that picture, that window into the soul, of a great guy like Ed, I can't help but hurt for him. His appearance in that picture actually reminds me of the pastor that performed my wedding ceremony. Our pastor is a man of great heart and sentiment, and he looks just like Ed...well...not exactly...

Maybe if you crossed him WITH A SLEESTAK!!!

I'm in for a hundred bucks if you can block me from ever having to see that mug shot again. GAH! [}:)]

Muhahaha! Slap my wife, will you, you cad!?

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by karlkuehn

You know, Ed has really taken a beating over this whole 'mug' thing, and all he was trying to do was promote the site.

I feel bad because it takes a lot of courage to post your actual face on the Internet, and it looks like he combed his hair and everything for the mug shot; I just know that he's hurting inside for the ridicule and notoriety that his initial post has brought him, when all he was trying to do is help the site.

I think you all need to re-evaluate just how much ribbing one man can take, and given the lack of response on Ed's part with regard to this 'mug shot' that you all seem to have so much fun with, it might just tell you all that he's actually hurt by all the negative comments, and I implore you to rethink your posts and consider this man's feelings.

Get real, people! No one likes to hear the horrible and hurtful comments that you've posted about his appearance, even when it's in fun. When I look into his eyes, in that infamous picture that he posted, I see more than just the guy that you all are goofing so hard about. I see a caring, sensitive man who appreciates the gift of belonging that this community has given him, I see warmth and life and love, and those of you that have posted such horrific and belittling comments should reconsider your impact on one man's psyche based on something so gut-wrenchingly honest and forthcoming.

When I look at that picture, that window into the soul, of a great guy like Ed, I can't help but hurt for him. His appearance in that picture actually reminds me of the pastor that performed my wedding ceremony. Our pastor is a man of great heart and sentiment, and he looks just like Ed...well...not exactly...

Maybe if you crossed him WITH A SLEESTAK!!!

I'm in for a hundred bucks if you can block me from ever having to see that mug shot again. GAH! [}:)]

Muhahaha! Slap my wife, will you, you cad!?

Hrm... You may be right Karl... perhaps we should just start picking on you instead?????? ... OK guys after Karl pays the $100 to get blocked from Ed's mugshot we lay off of Ed and start on Karl - right???
I mean we all know that Karl's an intellect. He can take it. He posts all of these really caring and sentimental threads ... He even plays the Banjo for heaven's sake. How much harm could we possibly do to HIS psyche? I mean .. Ed .. Ed seems to really be ... weelllll you know .. ED for lack of a better term ..

That being said .. BLOCK my view too [}:)] We'll only sorta pick on Karl [}:)]:D[}:)]

PR_Princess

Ed has gone where all good Cheddar Heads go when there is a Packer came on. He has CA'd himself to the TV. ;)[}:)][}:)]

Keep the comments coming, he will be back on Monday. With well rested fingers!!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

I would look out Karl!;):D:D:D

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by PR_Princess

Ed has gone where all good Cheddar Heads go when there is a Packer came on. He has CA'd himself to the TV. ;)[}:)][}:)]

Keep the comments coming, he will be back on Monday. With well rested fingers!!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

I would look out Karl!;):D:D:D

And is being rewarded with a very good game too, might I add.

ROCK ON PACKERS!!!

[:X]

karlkuehn

Banned

[

ROCK ON PACKERS!!!

I think it's really neat that they've kept that whole 'seniors' league alive. I mean, what with Bret being like 800 years old and all..hehe

What's he going for, like his eighteenth ring or something?

I'm a Patriot fan (at least when the Seahawks choke), so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Hopefully Ed's senility will kick in and he'll overlook my previous post!

And when the heck did I start playing the banjo!? :D

Isn't that the guitar with a drum glued on it?

IPD_Mrs

[

ROCK ON PACKERS!!!

I think it's really neat that they've kept that whole 'seniors' league alive. I mean, what with Bret being like 800 years old and all..hehe

What's he going for, like his eighteenth ring or something?

I'm a Patriot fan (at least when the Seahawks choke), so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Hopefully Ed's senility will kick in and he'll overlook my previous post!

And when the heck did I start playing the banjo!? :D

Isn't that the guitar with a drum glued on it?

Man you are really in big trouble now. Just wait til Ed and Cav get back. They are gonna beat you like a red-headed step child!
As for the banjo playing - I can always pull back up your "mug shot!"

200812124238_neener.gif

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So, I spend a little time watching the Pack and Ya'all have to "make sport" at my expense.

Fortunately, Karl has once again shown his propensity for verbosity with no apparent message - so most will not labor through HIS comments.
(Which IS giving them all the attention they merit!)

And, of course the MLK group (One name with two donators attempting to mimic ONE well-tuned MIND), well, we've pretty much realized they pick a theme, then spend the rest of the month trying to explain it.

NO harm, No foul.

Glad I watched the game, but having seen the AFC for the first time this year (Most football conflicts with craft shows - I rarely see ANY, so NFC is the conference of choice), I don't think NY stands a chance against the Pats. San Diego looked better than the Pack, to me. But, my chicken drumsticks and veggie plate WAS good!!!

21st of the month -

<center>RUSH those donations in to get on the MUG list.</center>

There is a rumor of a "BEST MUG shot" contest in mid- Feb, stay tuned.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Slap my wife, will you...!?

BTW Karl,

Does your wife know you encourage others to slap her?????:(:(:(

Sorry, I'm not usually into physical violence, you'll have to do it yourself.

(Though if you act like you write, it will probably take you DAYS to get prepared, what with finding a "well-fitting glove", filling up the car on the way to shop for same, finding the gas cap, looking at the speedometer to locate the gas cap, turning on the lights to see the speedometer,...........ad infinitum)

IPD_Mrs

(Though if you act like you write, it will probably take you DAYS to get prepared, what with finding a "well-fitting glove", filling up the car on the way to shop for same, finding the gas cap, looking at the speedometer to locate the gas cap, turning on the lights to see the speedometer,...........ad infinitum)

Got to love it when Ed gets on a roll even if it was not a very thorough job. The ad infinitum, while a cute touch, was very sloppy. A true Karl impersonator would have filled at least a half page![|)]

Mike

IPD_Mrs

Got to love it when Ed gets on a roll even if it was not a very thorough job. The ad infinitum, while a cute touch, was very sloppy. A true Karl impersonator would have filled at least a half page![|)]

Mike

Not to mention that "ad nauseum" would have been more appropriate coming from ED.

M

Mudder

After my last rant on Ed he stopped speaking to me so I guess I'll just prolong my "exile"

When I look at that picture of Ed it reminds me of those eyeglasses with the fake nose and mustache!

200812117402_CoolClips_vc065574.jpg

Sorry Ed,

I'll crawl back under the rock now.

Jarheaded

Welcome back Ed, I hope you enjoyed watching the game as much as I did. Go Giants. I was just wondering about Karl slapping his wife. Will he do it and run or will he do it and take the 2 hour beating that she will put on him? Or will he just run after finding out that she found this posting and has a rolling pin in one hand and a 38 in the other. Karl, be careful or she may ground you from your lathe.:D [}:)]
Mudder, I thought that your last posting was a little rough on poor Ed, and I am sorry I didn't think of it first. Now back to your rock..and in this state they are everywhere you look..:D

One final thought, if I saw someone that looked like the pastor that had performed my marriage, I may have to give him a beating just for looking like him. I wasn't real happy with the judge that ended it either. She got the house and I got the mortgage payments. You gotta love justice.

One more final thought(they just keep coming) Thanks Ed, a donation was made.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Glad to see a donation was made.

Once in a while, I need to enter the "Real world" and put out fires. This is especially LIKELY to happen in the early part of the week. So, for those who think I am not "Jumping in" on the forum - it is NOT because I am irritated with the IAP.

Some answers to "real world" questions require real research - so I have to do it. Today's challenge - changing the IP address on a copier-printer. These "geeks" are great until they run into something new, then it's "Hit the phone", not "Hit the book!!"

So, I Hit the book!! Then, answer their questions like I knew it all along! Before the computer age, they taught US to READ!!! (No slams to anyone HERE, just amazes me that a $150/hour technogeek has to call ME to assign an IP address)

rherrell

Glad to see a donation was made.

Once in a while, I need to enter the "Real world" and put out fires. This is especially LIKELY to happen in the early part of the week. So, for those who think I am not "Jumping in" on the forum - it is NOT because I am irritated with the IAP.

Some answers to "real world" questions require real research - so I have to do it. Today's challenge - changing the IP address on a copier-printer. These "geeks" are great until they run into something new, then it's "Hit the phone", not "Hit the book!!"

So, I Hit the book!! Then, answer their questions like I knew it all along! Before the computer age, they taught US to READ!!! (No slams to anyone HERE, just amazes me that a $150/hour technogeek has to call ME to assign an IP address)

Amen, Brother Ed!!!

Jarheaded

I hope you are hurting them with a nice big bill for their laziness. I detest lazy people. I actually convinced some new radar operator(all of 21 years old) that asci code was the wave of the future and he needed to learn it. My CO laughed for the first time that I knew of.
Johnnie

karlkuehn

Banned

I've been doing a little photo retouching, I'm thinking about laminating a label on my cup, you know, fond memories and all. [}:)] I could use a little help deciding on which one.

Narrow-minded Ed:
Ed1.jpg

Evil Ed:
Ed2.jpg

"I'm not an animal!" Ed:
Ed3.jpg

And my favorite...
"Ewwhofarted" Ed:
Ed4.jpg

You know, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. [}:)]:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If a picture is, indeed worth a thousand words, we have fulfilled our obligation to read Karl's next <center>4000 words</center>.

I am HAPPY to perform this SERVICE, out of my dedication to the IAP!!!

<center>YOU'RE WELCOME, EVERYONE!!</center>

IPD_Mrs

I've been doing a little photo retouching, I'm thinking about laminating a label on my cup, you know, fond memories and all. [}:)] I could use a little help deciding on which one.

Narrow-minded Ed:
Ed1.jpg

Evil Ed:
Ed2.jpg

"I'm not an animal!" Ed:
Ed3.jpg

And my favorite...
"Ewwhofarted" Ed:
Ed4.jpg

You know, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. [}:)]:D

Karl .. you down right SCARE ME!!! I don't know why anyone would want the NORMAL Ed (if there is such a thing[}:)]) on a mug .. much less one of these Ed's on a mug;) I guess I will NEVER have to worry about being out of work!!! :D

Top Bottom