PLUG for a MUG-MISSED IT!!~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Daniel

Lumber is what you do on your way back from the shop. Wood is know as "Blanks". Let this sort of thing get out of hand and you all will be talking about mortis and tenons.

Ah, but Daniel we do more than just pen making you see so "Lumber" is MUCH more than what we do on the "way BACKto the shop" and "WOOD" is much much more than just "Blanks" [}:)][}:)]

The Mrs.

IPD_Mrs

Well folks it's off to lumber .. er I mean Slumber land for me (and the Mr.) Both of us have to attend our Real jobs tomorrow.

I just wanted to tell you all how MUCH I personally enjoy your company. This has become such a fun extended family for both myself and Mr. MLK that I know only fellow IAP members can really understand.

I also want to make a final PLUG of the night. I know that in the economy of today Money is tight... but most of us give a little something to some charity throughout the year. I know this isn't quite the same as giving to cancer research etc. BUT, if you can spare ANY extra I can't think of ANY more deserving place for those few dollars to go. Where else can you enjoy the company of so many individuals with similar interests, learn new techniques and pick up hints on getting old ones to work better for you? I personally believe that we probably have all spent more than $25 on a book, DVD/tape or magazine subscription to get one little bit of information. We have probably taken a class or two. Now is a time we can give back to Jeff, our fellow penturners and in a way ourselves by helping to keep the site alive.

Make your donations and get your names entered for the drawing .. it is WELL WORTH IT.

Night all,
Linda (Mrs. MLK):)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Hey, Ed and Mike wanted attention drawn to this thread. :D[}:)]

Seriously, drop by PayPal and donate to a most worthy cause. If Jeff charged acess to this site by the hour, I'd be in debtor's prison, not as the dentist!!!!

great12b4ever

Ed, I just wanted to say thank you for the picture. I was so pleased to see it that I immediately printed it out and enlarged it. I wanted you to know that your picture now has a very prominent position at our place here in Houston. LOML saw it and said it was perfect and says thank you for posting the picture. Just to let you know how great it is, we no longer have any bird or rat problems in our garden. :D[}:)]:D

Rob

railrider1920

Hey Folks,
Lets say that I wanted to make a donation and win the lathe, well, hope to anyway, what if I don't have a paypal account? Can I send a check/MO to the owners of the site or possibly to a member here that does have a paypal account and then have him or her make the donation in my name?

If I make a $25 donation then make another one a few days later, does my name go in the hat twice?
Thanks,

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by bitshird

I think the mug is great, but I'm not sure about the display stand [}:)][}:)][}:)][:eek:)]

GREAT NEWS,

The display stand is OPTIONAL.

May be available to the female respondents, NONE of the guys could afford the "Freight".:D:D:D:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, Mr Cavanaugh, I was engaged in creating a closed-end fountain pen, constructed of alternative ivory, using only one component of the "kit" in question. There have been some minor difficulties (the cap section BLEW UP in assembly, but it had no tube to allow for minimal weight, another goal of this project), but I have convinced myself that SUCCESS is within my grasp.

As I am certain you have read somewhere, "Failure is just one small step while exploring the path to success".

Don't worry I will <s>gloat</s> supply photographic evidence of my success next week!!!

THANKS for "asking"!!![}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Dustin, I will do it before I leave today!!! (I forgot with all this foolishness and a couple things in my REAL job!!)

IPD_Mrs

You know Ed, based on the quantity of your posts and the quantity of Dawn's posts, I would have to summize that Dawn does the majority of the work at the "REAL" job![:0]

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

You know Ed, based on the quantity of your posts and the quantity of Dawn's posts, I would have to summize that Dawn does the majority of the work at the "REAL" job![:0]

Mike

Mike,

Instead you SHOULD summize that I work far more QUICKLY!!![:0][:0]

(I need about 100 posts to pass Cav and GerryR, but don't tell them I am trying to do that!)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus

You know Ed, based on the quantity of your posts and the quantity of Dawn's posts, I would have to summize that Dawn does the <s>majority</s> all of the work at the "REAL" job![:0]

Mike

I want to say without pictures this pen never happened, but I'm afraid you might take a picture of you holding the pen. That last picture scared most of the viruses out of my computer!!!!!!![}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wdcav1952

You know Ed, based on the quantity of your posts and the quantity of Dawn's posts, I would have to summize that Dawn does the <s>majority</s> all of the work at the "REAL" job![:0]

Mike

I want to say without pictures this pen never happened, but I'm afraid you might take a picture of you holding the pen. That last picture scared most of the viruses out of my computer!!!!!!![}:)]

Let's see Norton Antivirus is about $300 a workstation. How many workstations would you say I "cleaned up" with that post, Cav??? (Please read with my most innocent voice intonation)[|)][|)][|)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by ed4copies

200813212729_2mugsIAP.jpg

ISN'T IT a BEAUT!!!!:D:D

To Coin an old phrase...."Now that's a perfect face for radio!" ;) [}:)] :D

gokartergo

Originally posted by railrider1920

Hey Folks,
Lets say that I wanted to make a donation and win the lathe, well, hope to anyway, what if I don't have a paypal account? Can I send a check/MO to the owners of the site or possibly to a member here that does have a paypal account and then have him or her make the donation in my name?

If I make a $25 donation then make another one a few days later, does my name go in the hat twice?
Thanks,

Since everybody else is ignoring you. I will try and help.. I can make a $25.00 donation for you through paypal. If you wish.. PM me and well take care of it.. I do not now about the going in the hat twice thou..

Woodlvr

Cav,
My monitor ran away with its cord between its legs, so it makes it hard to read these posts and keep up with everything.[}:)];)

Mike

rlharding

You don't need a paypal account to make a donation. When you go to the link you have the option to chose how you want to pay.

You only want to pay twice because you want 2 mugs right????

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A larger (or multiple) donation does not put your name in the hat more than once.

$25 gets your name in the hat, $50 gets your name in the hat and I send you a mug.

For those without paypal, you can send a postal money order to me:

Jeff Brown
23618 Concord Dr.
Westlake, OH 44145.

THANKS!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There you go, Railrider!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, if your luck is at all like mine, you might want to make ONE donation of $50!!! You are GUARANTEED a mug.
:D:D:D

Chasper

LOML tells me that I used to look like the mug pix of Ed until I got old and fat. I don't agree with her at all, I'm not old.

In any case this thread alone is worth the $50 ante, so I'm in.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Chasper

LOML tells me that I used to look like the mug pix of Ed until I got old and fat. I don't agree with her at all, I'm not old.

In any case this thread alone is worth the $50 ante, so I'm in.

I am old - Just spent most of my life getting pickled, so I'm well "preserved".

(Stopped "pickling" in early 1990's)

wood-of-1kind

I am old - Just spent most of my life getting pickled, so I'm well "preserved".

(Stopped "pickling" in early 1990's)

Ed, what kind of sale spiel is this that you're old. The Ed that I know says something like "I'm supremely mature and wise behind[:I]my ears". I'm not taking anymore sales pointers from you;)[}:)]

-Peter-:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, Peter,

It's late in the day and I've missed my nap!!!

Always better to catch me EARLY when I'm incredibly witty!!!

IPD_Mrs

Well, Peter,

It's late in the day and I've missed my nap!!!

Always better to catch me EARLY when I'm incredibly witty!!!

When did you retire Ed? Was it a 30 year retirement or 25?

I'm thinking about how "witty" you must have been when you first started on the force and weren't quite so enlightened.

Mrs.

railrider1920

Originally posted by jeff

A larger (or multiple) donation does not put your name in the hat more than once.

$25 gets your name in the hat, $50 gets your name in the hat and I send you a mug.

For those without paypal, you can send a postal money order to me:

Jeff Brown
23618 Concord Dr.
Westlake, OH 44145.

THANKS!

Thanks for the info Jeff. I'll try to get it to you ASAP

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Two things:

PLEASE stop quoting back that picture of Ed! I jump every time it pops up! [:p]

Right now we have about 40 entrants in the donation drawing, so your odds of winning are about 1 in 4. I have several more prizes to add over the next few days, and I expect about 20 total before the end of the month.

Top Bottom