Please !!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

I keep a checklist of semi-annual and annual chores. I do them in the quiet early morning hours on New Years Day and 4th of July. The two holidays are a true six months apart, and make it easy for me to remember. It just works. I don't have the lists in front of me, but they include tasks like:

* Replace smoke detector batteries. (Semi-annual)
* Lubricate the garage door hinges and springs. (Semi-annual)
* Backup the family's digital photos from the previous year. I mail them the next day to a family member who lives out of state. (Annual)
* Replace the alarm system battery. (Odd years)
* Etc.

pshrynk

We have this ultra complex, on-line monitoring company and at least one left-over system from another monitoring scheme in our old house, so we have to get a service appointment for some guy to come and replace all the batteries at once. Most of the batteries are non-standard sizes and the ditz on the phone insists that none of the monitors requires a battery. Odd that, since every now and again we are driven to distraction by a monitor beeping and the main panel bugging us to replace a battery at "location 2003" wherever that is.

Woodchipper

A lady kept calling an exterminator about crickets in her home. After a couple of visits, he determined that her smoke detectors needed new batteries. BTW, enjoy the attached photo. Redneck Fire Alarm photo.jpg

Top Bottom