Please test these puzzles...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
In the thread about the crossword puzzles, I mentioned that I could do other puzzles. I have created a test page on the forms entry site with a word search puzzle and a jigsaw puzzle. These a basic puzzles but could be as easy or as hard as we want. Obviously, I would put them each on their own page but for now, I have them both on one page. Please check them out and let me know if you would like to see something like this for the bash!

I can use whatever pictures I want for the jigsaw puzzle and any list of words for the word search.

Your thoughts??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Curtis,

I did the jigsaw without any problems. On the word find I saw the word centerband spelled from the top of the puzzle to the bottom. I couldn't fit the whole puzzle on my screen. I couldn't drag down the word to select it. I tried holding CTRL down but that didn't work either. Nothing I did enabled me to select the word. Could this be due to my screen resolution? Currently 1280x800.

I think these will be great additions to the BASH for the periods betwwen opening the contests and waiting for the deadlines.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Mike,

Do you know what resolution you are running so I can test it? I also reduced the size of the puzzle to 600x600. See if that is better for you.

mbroberg

Currently 1280x800.

That is better. I can fit the whole puzzle on the screen now.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I can also increase the difficulty of the jigsaw puzzle significantly! It is currently set at 25 pieces. I can make it up to 100 pieces!

The puzzle was cool, a few more pieces would be better. The word search should have more words and possibly a little harder. I found all the words in about a minute.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The puzzle was cool, a few more pieces would be better. The word search should have more words and possibly a little harder. I found all the words in about a minute.

Remember, these are only TEST puzzles to see what you guys think. They are NOT the puzzles I will use. I did not have time to make up a good word list for the search, especially not knowing if it would be something folks wanted.

BTW, I would love to have anyone who wants to help out on the word search provide me a list of words! There will most likely be a number of different puzzles and I would like to see each one have a theme. The test puzzle theme was pen parts. If you would like to help, please send me a list of 10-15 words via PM. The format for the software is simply coma separated. Example...nib, barrel, clip, etc.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
BTW, how hard to you want them? :biggrin: I can make the jigsaw have 100 pieces and make it where the pieces can be rotated. The word search can have up to 17x17 columns and rows. The test only has 10x10.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
BTW, I would love to have anyone who wants to help out on the word search provide me a list of words! There will most likely be a number of different puzzles and I would like to see each one have a theme. The test puzzle theme was pen parts. If you would like to help, please send me a list of 10-15 words via PM. The format for the software is simply coma separated. Example...nib, barrel, clip, etc.
Two themes that come to mind right away would be "Pen Kit Names" and "Types of Wood". I'll make up several lists and get them to you later today if you want to use them.
Would these be run similar to Trivia where all completed puzzles be put in a pool and the winner be selected by random draw?

Last edited:

PR_Princess

I really like the puzzles!!!! I think they are a nice addition, and add a short but VERY fun element.

But are the puzzles to be "prized"? I think the crossword was in the past...:confused:, but do we have enough prizes to go around?

mbroberg

I really like the puzzles!!!! I think they are a nice addition, and add a short but VERY fun element.

But are the puzzles to be "prized"? I think the crossword was in the past...:confused:, but do we have enough prizes to go around?

I hope so, but we will have to see what Mike R. and his group has to work with. The Boxes of Blanks donated by members may be a good fit here.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am just making up the final draft to give to Mike Redburn (by noon today)----the contests that are on that were the ones listed last weekend ----if there are revisions, a PM to me (or directing to an updated contest list that contains these) will be necessary to change what is given to MikeR

We are not "swimming in prizes" this year, so once they are allocated, it will be nearly impossible to change without shortchanging another contest. PLEASE let me know how many and what contests are on the FINAL list!!

Top Bottom