please help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pirotto

Ituzaingo, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello penturners people, I'm Pirotto Eduardo Juan. I'live in buenos aires, argentina. I would like to start making wooden pens. The problem I have is that they do not sell wooden pen kits in my country. and unfortunately the import is prohibited. The only thing I can do at this moment is "play with scraps of wood on a metal lathe. Without another comment, I greet them with a strong hug from a distance. Eduardo.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

calabrese55

Hello penturners people, I'm Pirotto Eduardo Juan. I'live in buenos aires, argentina. I would like to start making wooden pens. The problem I have is that they do not sell wooden pen kits in my country. and unfortunately the import is prohibited. The only thing I can do at this moment is "play with scraps of wood on a metal lathe. Without another comment, I greet them with a strong hug from a distance. Eduardo.
Welcome
Linked below are two pen kit companies in America that will ship internationally. I understand the extra $$ involved might be quite high however might be good for you to just check them out. Hope the details below may be of some help to you.
calabrese55

this company looks to have a way to estimate international shipping
Do we ship internationally? We sure do! Once you add an item to your shopping cart, please select the "Estimate" link for the shipping and select your country - This will give you accurate shipping information. If your country is not listed, please contact us for assistance.

International Shipping

Certain products such as waxes, finishes, machinery, etc., may only be shipped ground UPS, which makes it impossible for us to ship outside the continental United States. We reserve the right to ship or not to ship certain products to international destinations. Freight charges listed in our catalog are for shipments within the continental United States only.

Please note our policies regarding products sold to international customers:
The Penn State Industries' warranty for products sold outside the USA are the same as for products sold in the continental United States, with the following exceptions:
1) All shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer including, but not limited to: freight costs for the original product, warranty repairs, service, exchanges, product returns, and spare parts.
3) The buyer is responsible for clearing customs, brokerage fees, duty, taxes, and other applicable import expenses.
4) Since back orders would be shipped at customers expense, we will cancel any back orders and the customer should re-order the item(s) on their next PO.
5) All payments must be paid in U.S. dollars via wire transfer, credit card, certified check or PayPal (PayPal available online only).

Mach4

I did a quick search and found this site with a listing for a SteamPunk kit - https://www.ubuy.com.ar/en/product/15TFQ9TGM-steampunk-pen-kit-3-pack-mix

It appears that this site provides search and shipping services from sites around the world. It's TLD is .AR, shows Argentine currency and services Buenos Aries. Never heard of them before but might be worth investigating….

43B61B43-736F-49D3-9547-9814212A0D7C.jpeg

sorcerertd

Welcome to IAP! The above companies can tell you what their experience is in shipping to Argentina if you contact them. Also, since you have a metal lathe, you might consider making some parts. No matter how you make it work, I look forward to seeing your pens soon.

GaryMGg

Looking at an article on Argentinian import regulations

I found this quote:

"Exemptions to these regulations include donations, samples, diplomatic shipments, and courier/postal deliveries."

Perhaps you need samples and receive one or two samples per vendor to determine your product preference.
I would recommend contacting an Import Agent to get started.

MDVolle

I wonder if the restriction is on importing the wood - not the parts kit?

I'm making my pens primarily from interesting pieces of firewood - so any wood can be used - and I started on my metal lathe as well - I made a tool rest that mounted to the compound rest so I could still use traditional wood turning tools - the only limitation is my metal lathe wouldn't go as fast as i would like for sanding and polishing - I eventually bought a small wood lathe.

Top Bottom