'Pleasant'wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CjG78

CjG78

This piece of pheasantwood has sat in my blank draw for quite some time now. Finally decided to turn it, was only a short piece, hence the polaris kit. It has lovely figure, I'm such a fan of sapwood contrast. Thanks for looking.
If anyone is interested in obtaining some pheasantwood, Robutacion aka George has it in his shop at 'George's bits of timber'.
20200419_105846.jpg
20200419_105740.jpg
20200419_105820.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Great job Casey, another stunning piece of wood and work...!

I wish I could see a full slab of this Pheasant wood and see the colouration and grain patterns throughout the large wood surface, I will assume that would be absolutely out of this world, huh...? ;)

PS: Thank you for the "plug".đź‘Ť

Cheers
George

CjG78

Great job Casey, another stunning piece of wood and work...!

I wish I could see a full slab of this Pheasant wood and see the colouration and grain patterns throughout the large wood surface, I will assume that would be absolutely out of this world, huh...? ;)

PS: Thank you for the "plug".đź‘Ť

Cheers
George
A full slab would look stunning!! Imagine a table made from it, it would be mesmerising!!

robutacion

A full slab would look stunning!! Imagine a table made from it, it would be mesmerising!!
Well, the slab I was thinking of would be enough to make a tabletop, I'm not sure how big those trees grow but I would suspect they are humongous...!

1587741332781.png

Pheasant Wood
Pheasantwood, also known as Thailand cassia or Senna siamea, is a rare species of hardwood (scientific name: Cassia siamea), named after the black and golden figured patterns of a pheasant's tail feathers. The flat or slab sawn face shows the most finely defined patterns with contrasting golden and black streaks. Pheasant wood is a very close color and grain match to Desert Ironwood. It is excellent for fine articles such as boxes, pens, and Flutes! Usually grown as an ornamental tree for showy flowers, this species is more difficult to obtain than Ebony and is a cherished wood from the Hawaiians to the South East Asians.

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom